X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Mattel WWF Elite Super Stars

Anyone a fan ? They seem to not come out fast enough for me .... can't play with em on card .
    IMG_9248.jpg
    IMG_9115.jpg
    IMG_9048.jpg
    IMG_9044.jpg
    IMG_9117.jpg
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .
  • JWLJN
    Veteran Member
    • May 7, 2013

I do. As much as I was unimpressed when Mattel took over the license, they've come a long way since then.
    http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

I have the Warrior. Great sculpt, great figure.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MegoMark71
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 18, 2008

This is my second collecting love. Mattel does a fantastic job on getting the details right. I had some issues first with some of the head scans, but jakks pacific had amazing scans, bodies sucked, but the heads were perfect. Mattel has gotten better and better with the head scans. One of the main sculptors is a long time WWF/WWE fan. He really pours his heart into what he does. Like Jeremy did when Jakks had the license. I really hope Mattel keeps the license when the current contract expires.

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

IMG_9323.jpg

Rick Rude in the house !!!
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by MegoMark71
            This is my second collecting love. Mattel does a fantastic job on getting the details right. I had some issues first with some of the head scans, but jakks pacific had amazing scans, bodies sucked, but the heads were perfect. Mattel has gotten better and better with the head scans. One of the main sculptors is a long time WWF/WWE fan. He really pours his heart into what he does. Like Jeremy did when Jakks had the license. I really hope Mattel keeps the license when the current contract expires.
            Excuse my ignorance, but are the heads being scanned or sculpted? I mean, obviously the deceased wrestlers are being sculpted.
            Are they doing digital sculpts or traditional? I'm guessing digital. I think a lot of the Jakks heads were traditionaly sculpted.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              Excuse my ignorance, but are the heads being scanned or sculpted? I mean, obviously the deceased wrestlers are being sculpted.
              Are they doing digital sculpts or traditional? I'm guessing digital. I think a lot of the Jakks heads were traditionaly sculpted.
              heads are scanned

Comment

• JDeRouen
                Author of Small Things
                • Jun 14, 2001

My son has a huge collection of these. Not EVERY one, but most. We're currently trying to hunt down Elites AJ Styles, Cactus Jack, Shinsuke, Asuka, and Bayley!
                --
                Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• JWLJN
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 7, 2013

Let's face it, in the late 1990's everyone was a fan of Mick Foley. No matter which character was your favorite, the wild Cactus Jack, the...

I reviewed the new Cactus Jack on my blog this week.

-J\/\/
                  http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

• MegoMark71
                    Permanent Member
                    • Dec 18, 2008

Jakks was ahead of the game when it came to head scans. They revolutionized the process. Other than some of the heads in the final year that were just massive. They were incredible. I think they made some of the ones in the final year so big to prevent people from using the heads on custom figures. Joe those figures should all be hitting retail right now. I didn't see the cactus, but i saw the rest of the set at my walmart just a few days ago.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                      The DarkSide Customizer
                      • Apr 16, 2005

Jack's wave is showing up at Walmart ... snagged 1 last night on an Endcap and The Sheik came off of EBay . IMG_9377.jpg

Comment

• melstapler
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Aug 2, 2014

When it comes to head sculpts/face scans, the WWE Elite and basic figures can vary by each character. They've done a terrific job with most of my favorites, especially The Rock. The smiling expression Elite Roddy Piper face from a few years back looked far too cartoonish for my taste, but hopefully they will release a new Elite version with a more neutral face.

The new Elite Sheik looks great! The only thing I find strange is how they reversed the open grip hand compared to the basic version from not too long ago, which had an open grip right hand, which made it more believable when placing a gun in his hand. At least, I always thought he was right handed?

Comment

• BlackKnight
                          The DarkSide Customizer
                          • Apr 16, 2005

It does annoy me that when u pick up a tag team like the Rockers or LOD or Nastyboys , the tag team
                          Partner pretty much has the same body and hands ... I'm mean ***... at least mix the hands up . Not both guys have a right fist and a left open hand .. sorta lame

Comment

• melstapler
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Aug 2, 2014

Was just at Walmart last night looking in their clearance section and picked up multiples of about 4 different characters from the basic assortment with Jericho. No idea why they're liquidating that assortment of the basic figures. I paid $5 a piece for each and will be using these for various heads and body parts.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

Not a fan of Elite wave 52 ... bust for me . Where's 53 ?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎