X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael crawford
    Museum Super Collector
    • Dec 15, 2008

For the Trek Fans - QMX Picard review

QMX put their Picard up for pre-order last week, and I have a review up this week. They learned their lesson from Malcolm Reynolds and don't do pre-orders until figures are already into production, so the pre-orders should ship pretty soon.

In Depth Review and Photos of the Captain Picard Star Trek Next Generation 1/6 action figure by Qmx - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Captain Toy
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Good figure, but overpriced for a guy in PJs. This should be under $100.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Great review! And it's a great likeness. I personally think the paint work makes Picard look a bit more "rugged" than he was normally portrayed (First Contact aside). Not that there's anything wrong with that, because it definitely makes him work better as an "action" figure.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

As with their Kirk figure, that head/face sculpt is so close to Patrick Stewart it looks like it should be in a wax museum! Since Picard was always much more a diplomat and much less a cowboy, seeing him brandishing the gun feels out of character for him, but I'm sure an "action" figure with a cup of Earl Grey (hot) likely wouldn't do much for making people want to buy it, but hopefully, he will come with an addition set of hands, one of which has Picard's hit beverage of choice. I wish these guys could get the license to do Dr. Who figures; those likenesses would probably be awesome!
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• michael crawford
          Museum Super Collector
          • Dec 15, 2008

Didn't bother to read the review, eh? :D

Attached Files

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by michael crawford
            Didn't bother to read the review, eh? :D

LOL! I did---after the fact! He wouldn't be Picard without his Earl Grey!!
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• michael crawford
              Museum Super Collector
              • Dec 15, 2008

No, he wouldn't! He really needs a captain's chair to lounge in while drinking it too...

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

This figure is really nice, although I like the exclusive likness better then the regular. I'm curious on how well
                it will sell? and if they will add other TNG characters, love to see them do the Borg.

I'd also love to get my hands on some Mego size TNG phasers.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Really cool doll! I'd get it if I had the cash. Would like an alternate head with less squinty, more friendly diplomatic expression though. Really brings back memories of love for the character.

Comment

• michael crawford
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Dec 15, 2008

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                    This figure is really nice, although I like the exclusive likness better then the regular. I'm curious on how well
                    it will sell? and if they will add other TNG characters, love to see them do the Borg.

I'd also love to get my hands on some Mego size TNG phasers.
                    There's only one portrait - not sure what you mean by 'exclusive' likeness. They've already shown both data and worf but no preorders yet.

Comment

• JRT!
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Sep 6, 2015

EK47 - not a fan of the Big Chief Dr.Who figs then? They're pretty good likeness wise.

Seems there will be more TNG characters. So far they've shown Data and Worf at Comic-Con. There are pics out there,I just don't remeber where. I'll post a link if I find them. I want the new movie Trek stuff they're doing,and some other non-Trek stuff they showed me,lol.

Comment

• melstapler
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Aug 2, 2014

Simply amazing! The likeness is incredible and the accessories shown are exactly what I would've included. Very exciting news!

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

Now if only it were a. Cheaper, and b. In 1/9 scale. But, I suppose a detailed sculpt like this for an 8 inch figure would cost too much and be too difficult as well.

This is a beautiful figure and that's no lie.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• rykerw1701
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 27, 2007

Michael's pictures do the figure far more justice than what I saw QMX provide. It's tempting, and I may bite eventually, but for now I'll stick with the TOS QMX. I have the firstl three and really like them.

What I really want is the WOK figures they've prototyped. I couldn't hit the "buy" button fast enough on those.

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                              Michael's pictures do the figure far more justice than what I saw QMX provide. It's tempting, and I may bite eventually, but for now I'll stick with the TOS QMX. I have the firstl three and really like them.

What I really want is the WOK figures they've prototyped. I couldn't hit the "buy" button fast enough on those.
                              Same here....I heard they made a Seven of Nine prototype also but she keeps tipping over for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎