X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allie Fox
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 1, 2009

Tom and Jerry meet Willy Wonka

Is the long, weird saga of Wheel of Time’s journey to television is seemingly over? After that bizarro pilot that lead to legal troubles and the final but very vague announcement the legendary fantasy series would come to TV properly after all, we now know it’ll be Sony who will be responsible for bringing Robert…

This looks like a very interesting interpretation.

It IS neat to see an animated version.
    If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

I think you meant to use this link:

But it’s not what you think. Tom is not Willy Wonka and Jerry is not Charlie. This is straight-up the original Willy Wonka movie, totally remade—just with Tom and Jerry HANGING AROUND TOO.

The Wheel of Time announcement is very cool too, but I was so confused by how it related to anything else in your post.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

Ha, ha, that is a fantastic idea and even better execution. Sharp thinking on some folks' part.

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

You know, I usually hate remakes, but this one looks interesting, (and not b/c of Tom and Jerry), but I think it'll be cool to see the original movie in cartoon form.
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Allie Fox
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 1, 2009

Originally posted by sprytel
          I think you meant to use this link:

But it’s not what you think. Tom is not Willy Wonka and Jerry is not Charlie. This is straight-up the original Willy Wonka movie, totally remade—just with Tom and Jerry HANGING AROUND TOO.

The Wheel of Time announcement is very cool too, but I was so confused by how it related to anything else in your post.
          Thanks. I must have been confused myself.
          If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• SKotK
            Career Member
            • Mar 11, 2014

That's bizarre. It's a straight copy of the original film using in animation the same exact look, characters, and even songs...but with Tom & Jerry.

I'm extremely baffled and confused by what the purpose of this was...but as a huge fan of the original film, I will have to see it. I hope it's a bit dark like the original film was.

--SKot
            Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Jeez, Wonka even looks like Wilder. This is weird.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

They did the same thing with the MGM Wizard of Oz, and came close with their Robin Hood movie, basing it squarely on the Erroll Flynn version. Both were pretty fun!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎