X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by The Re-Rooter
    I had a bunch and "played" with kids in my class but I honestly didn't understand the rules. But you know when you are the super shy kid and some one is willing to talk to you and you are in such shock and afraid of doing something stupid that you just say nothing? So who knows if they actually had the right to take my pogs or not, I was just super happy to be included. ROFL
    Good ol cliques to teach us that we were not all equal and all had our place in the grade school caste system.
    -Diana
    I should clarify that I was the after school TEACHER, not one of the kids, so I wouldn't let them play for keeps.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by HardyGirl
      I actually liked Pogs. The only ones I collected were the Planet Of the Apes and Star Trek TNG ones.
      Wait a minute, there were "APES" pogs?

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
        Wait a minute, there were "APES" pogs?
        Yes, I only have a few of them. I can't remember where I got them. Probably from a toy show.
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

I worked in a shop that specialized in board games, puzzles, MAGIC, and, yes, Pogs, during the nineties. The manager had the brilliant idea that the shop should not only sponsor and host weekly Pog tournaments, but that we should also all become well-versed in Poggery so we could help players determine different stuff about their Pogs and help them do Pog trades and buy backs. Trust me, there were Pogs for virtually EVERYTHING in pop culture at the time. Suffice to say, when the Pog craze died, so did the shop's business and he shut it down about two month later. At his going-out-of-business sale, he was selling mixed bags of a 100 Pogs for about a $1.00. Those things were a nightmare to keep track of!!!
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎