Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you ever have a toy that creeped you out ?

Images

Did you ever have a toy that creeped you out ?

Back in the day I had a made-in-Japan battery operated tin robot --- very similar to the 50's wind-up kind.

It was pretty big for a tin robot -- stood like 14 inches.

The thing that always creeped me out was it was clearly a robot but it had a human face inside the head.

Today my mature mind tells me it was suppose to represent an astronaut in a space suit ....

But back in the day I thought it was a human head that was somehow removed and placed on a robot body.

I would always think, "why would they do that to a person"

Tell me about your creepy toys ?
    .................................................. .......................

I had a stuffed clown. With a leather face and wool body. Very heavy and dense. Likely a hand-me-down from a sibling who got it at a circus.

Made the Poltergeist scene resonate all the more when I saw little Robbie trying to cover the face of his bedroom clown doll with his Chewbacca jacket. I was the same way with this toy.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

My grandmother had an original Charlie McCarthy that belonged to her children in the 40's It was well played with...it's face was dirty, chipped, and cracked. Like one of those possessed dummies from a horror movie. To make matters worse, she kept him hanging in the hall closet. She always brought him out when we came to visit. She thought we loved him...we did not. LOL

Images
    I've mentioned many times how the box of Castle Grayskull intimidated the living snot out of me Christmas morning 1982. I think it's beautiful now, but back then, the heavy dark paints and moody atmosphere kept me away from the box until my parents woke up to help me assemble it. It got quickly trashed.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    The Mego Mission to Gama IV playset had green glow in the dark eyes that I could see in my room when I was trying to sleep, did not help, and the glove thing that came with it was a bit creepy to me when I was little.

Images
    Hugo!!!
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Quote Originally Posted by boss View Post
    Hugo!!!
    Winner! [/thread]

I came in to post the same thing, there was just something very unsettling about his big blue eyes and their vacant stare. We used to terrorize my little cousin with Hugo every time he came to visit.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boss View Post
    Hugo!!!
    I still have my Hugo in its box and my wife is freaked out by it.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Images
    The toy version of the Mr. Rogers Lady Elaine puppet. I could not sleep with that witch looking at me...

My cousin was a clown and had some clown memorabilia which included some marionettes. They hung on the inside of the bedroom closet door that was always open about a half foot. Really creepy.