X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoMonk
    Career Member
    • Jan 22, 2007

Oldsmar flea market

Figures Toys is setting up space in the Oldsma Flea Market in Oldsmar FL. For the past 20 years whenever I visit my family near Tampa I always try try to get to the Oldsmar flea market on Racetrack road. Yesterday i was looking at an an FTC Batcave and Aquaman Great White Shark a dealer had. The worker said to me "the guy who makes those is settin up in two stalls down in the next shed". I said to him do you mean Figures Toys from Tampa?, he said yes, but that they would not be open till later this month. I walked over and there were two booths with a tarp in front. I peaked in and saw rows of FTC figures on the pegs. A guy was working seting up the place. I asked if I could go in, but he said they are not opening until next wekend. I am leaving tomorrow so I'll have to go back later this year on my next FL trip.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Used to go there all the time in college. The FTC warehouse is not far from there.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mego maniac mark
      Career Member
      • Aug 3, 2010

It's practically around the corner from where you were on Racetrack road. If you have time and are still there, go to their home office. Give them a call before you go over to set up a time
      mego's befo ho's

Comment

• timmy
        • Feb 5, 2008

Oldsmar wall of figures

Pic of Oldsmar wall of figures
        Attached Files

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by timmy
          Pic of Oldsmar wall of figures
          Top Left of picture next to Mary Marvel....is that Cheetah?
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by darkbros
            Top Left of picture next to Mary Marvel....is that Cheetah?
            Looks like Starfire to me: http://figurestoycompany.com/dccomic...1-1-1-1-1.aspx
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• MegoMonk
              Career Member
              • Jan 22, 2007

how are the prices? Any less than what they charge on the web?

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Wow, what was the public reaction? Did they have customers?

Oh, and welcome to the Museum, timmy!

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

The idea is nice, but it looks so sparse and empty! How about having pegs with 3-5 each on them to give it more of a real retail feel to it?

Or do you just tell them which figure you want from the wall and they pull it from a box for you?

Either way, I'd love to go there and pick which figures I want instead of the blind box shipping method.

Comment

• timmy
                    • Feb 5, 2008

I was only interested in DC. That pic is of one wall, there were 2 rooms. Another wall had Aquaman Shark and vehicles.
                    Other room had wrestlers, kiss, scooby doo, space ghost, harry potter, 3 stooges, etc.
                    It was nice to see them in person, looked better than they do online.
                    The large DC retro shipper box and boxed figures looked good, inspired me to purchase one on-line.
                    The guy working there was really cool and was super helpful. There were giant boxes of loose figures as well.
                    Prices might have been less than website by a $ or 2.

Comment

• Z-man 307
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Mar 15, 2010

Went there yesterday and picked up the handful of figures I was interested in, but I have been hesitant to purchase online due to quality concerns." It's so great to see exactly what you are getting and not have to worry about poor paint, broken limbs, etc. The booth has little advertising but is located in the west wing of Building D. Prices are about the same as online, $25 or $30, but it's nice not to pay shipping, especially for us locals. Guy there was nice and seems committed to success.

Comment

• MegoMonk
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 22, 2007

Giant boxes of loose figures?? I'll be back in FL in August, looking forward to going through those boxes !

Originally posted by timmy
                        I was only interested in DC. That pic is of one wall, there were 2 rooms. Another wall had Aquaman Shark and vehicles.
                        Other room had wrestlers, kiss, scooby doo, space ghost, harry potter, 3 stooges, etc.
                        It was nice to see them in person, looked better than they do online.
                        The large DC retro shipper box and boxed figures looked good, inspired me to purchase one on-line.
                        The guy working there was really cool and was super helpful. There were giant boxes of loose figures as well.
                        Prices might have been less than website by a $ or 2.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

FTC now has it posted on Facebook about them being there.

Comment

• Z-man 307
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Mar 15, 2010

Hello,

I went there yesterday and they were in the process of closing the booth down and moving the merchandise. I was able to purchase a couple of items, but the guy there directed me to their warehouse for future purchases. I guess they weren't selling enough to cover the booth rentals. I will miss going there and picking out the items in person.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

that didn't last long.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎