• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Mego Easter memories?

75me.jpg

Anyone else associate Mego with Easter? I got a Spidey in an egg hunt (he was naturally in a tree) the Easter pictured here and the Spider-Car the year later. I never got many Mego figures at Christmas, so for some reason I always think of them at Easter time.....
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I received Megos for most gifting holidays/birthdays, but the Easter one I recall best is Iron Man, circa 1976.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I know I got Joker and Penguin one year in my basket, probably the first year they were out.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I will never forget the Easter when Mego's 2XL was with my Easter Basket, hidden in the oven!

Not Mego, but I always associate my Lobot and AT-AT driver with Easter, because they were in my basket. Especially Lobot with his springtime pastels.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Hmmm....not Mego, specifically. I do recall getting several MOTU items including Point Dread and Spydor and Rotan vehicles for Skeletor.

Great picture!!! Look how happy you are...and you should be!!!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• GlobalObserver
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 12, 2004

Easter of 1975 I received a MEGO Dr Zaius bendy and an AHI Captain Kirk parachute figure in my basket along with the typical holiday goodies.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

The only Megos that I can specifically remember getting for Easter, in the basket, were the Dukes of Hazzard. I may have received other Megos for Easter, but I don't know. In fact, when I read this last night, I thought I never received any on Easter...just didn't remember until now.

- Ian
              Last edited by EmergencyIan; Apr 18, '17, 7:27 PM.
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                Creature Of The Night
                • May 14, 2011

Not Mego for me either, but the most memorable Easter from my childhood was in '74 when I received the POTA General Aldo model kit in my Easter basket along with the two paperbacks of Conquest & Battle. (A happy surprise considering previous Easters were generally exclusive to eggs, sweets and little stuffed bunnies)

Birthday later that same year: Unexpected Miscellaneous POTA Toys Extravaganza!

Christmas of the same year: Mego POTA Wish List Jackpot!

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

My earliest Easter Mego memory was in 1974 when I was 4 also receiving Joker and Penguin 1st year of their Release! Then Easter 1975 or 1976 getting Green Arrow! *When in 1975 was Green Arrow released?

Comment

• rykerw1701
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 27, 2007

Not Mego, but I remember getting a GI Joe Adventure Team Sea Adventurer in my Easter basket around '73 or '74. It was a big surprise for me and a splurge for my parents. He still stands guard today in my home office.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎