Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help with Lon Chaney Mummy project.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Need some help with Lon Chaney Mummy project.

My Deluxe Lon Chaney as Kharis figure is still coming....the card art is finished, as is the headsculpt, and I've been waiting for type S bodies to become available again, which they have! (I purchased a type S glow body for the project, then decided it was too cool to waste by completely covering it with bandages!)

No, my hang up is trying to find the perfect fabric to use to make the wrappings. I want something that's in scale, looks like linen, and is flexible enough to wrap the entire figure without restricting all the articulation. This has been the problem with every wrapped Mummy figure that's been produced, and I'm determined to beat it. The last thing I want is the baggy pajama look.

Problem is, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to types of fabrics. I've looked at hundreds and can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

I have used finger bandages when I built a stop motion puppet for a project. I dipped first in a water acrylic paint mix and left to dry then wrapped them over a white cotton body suit sprayed with the same paint using my airbrush give the muddy look from the films
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• mjaycox
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 16, 2008

Women's hosiery, non-shear, in flesh color, cut into strips

Dye it in tea first (Tanna leaf tea impossible) to give it that aged look

Matt
      Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

^Good ideas! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡