• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

Avoid eBayer dramirez72 Duane Ramirez from Texas

This ebay buyer is difficult.
    Process started by him sending a "Best Offer" for twice the amount the item even sells for...and he asked for two items. Not sure why anyone would want to offer twice as much to buy something when you could have just hit the BIN and called it a day...

Realizing and hoping he was just confused or made a typo, I replied with a counter offer for the normal price times two plus $5 shipping.
    Not sure even how I could give benefit of doubt in this case - the item has a BIN for $8.50 with $3.57 shipping...he offered $30 plus shipping...thought I did him a favor by not ripping him off and taking his money.

Next day, buyer agrees and accepted.

Took five days to get paid, and at least two eBay invoices sent over that period...maybe three, I don't remember.
    Shipped with tracking on the same day i was paid.

Yesterday, buyer files complaint with eBay that one item arrived broken and he was mad I charged $5 shipping. I guess the $1.43 I made after paying shipping and the padded mailer is a gross and obscene profit that should be made right in his eyes....

Without asking for a free replacement, he demands $11 refund. He never sent me any emails, he just opened a case/complaint with eBay.

Tracking shows the item hasnt even been delivered yet.
    Tracking shows this morning it still hasnt been delivered yet.

I have turned this Duane Ramirez from Texas into eBay as a problem buyer.
    He has previous feedback showing he has probably bought retro-mego stuff as he recently gave a negative to NECA.
    He gives out a fair amount of neutrals too.
    Last edited by noelani72; Apr 15, '17, 2:49 PM.
  • Mawni
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 11, 2007

Thanks for the heads-up!

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

And he neg'ed me today.
      Nice

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Yeah not everyone you deal with online is going to be a pleasant experience. This guy sounds like a real trip. If it makes you feel any better I'm sure he wouldn't disrespect you like that if he encountered you in person.
        Last edited by Mr.Marion; Apr 16, '17, 9:57 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

If he's a PhD from San Antonio, I had a good laugh at his vitae today. My condolences, Nol.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• noelani72
            27inaleon
            • Jun 25, 2002

what a mess. So he puffed his chest out and was quite stern on his stance about the negative feedback. He sent a picture of the package and the two levers. One is broken - jeez-louise I don't see how the darn thing would have gotten broken - it's a pretty solid piece. Something very heavy must have gotten slammed onto it...I've shipped over 200 of these using the same packaging and never had an issue until now. Certainly does not help the fact the tracking number STILL shows it is not delivered, which would be a whole other issue I suppose.
            Sure would have went a whole other way had he just contacted me through eBay instead of opening a complaint case. By him doing that was throwing up every single red flag possible, especially with that tracking number showing undelivered. I went back through his feedback left for others...I am not the first to get his unsympathetic wrath...prolly not the last. I did my end of the bargain, would have replaced it had I known he wasn't trying to scam me...but that tracking number and his attitude and the timing of it all...
            this guy is a complete tool.
            Sure wish I could get ebay to remove that feedback.
            Not to mention he pulls this crap on the 3yr anniversary of my Dad being gone.
            Last edited by noelani72; Apr 16, '17, 7:19 AM.

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by noelani72
              Certainly does not help the fact the tracking number STILL shows it is not delivered, which would be a whole other issue I suppose.
              Now I don't feel so bad thinking I was the only one who dealt with inept Post Office officials.
              I can't tell you how many times I've had packages delivered, to me and to others, where the tracking either shows
              "still in transit" or at "hub for delivery", and the idiot who delivered it didn't scan the package before they put it on someone's porch.
              But magically, a phone call into the Post Office and filing a complaint about Non-Delivery, usually gets the status changed
              within a day or too.

But I do agree...Buyer should have tried to work first with you, and not go nuclear.
              But this is the world we live in now....Bomb them first, ask questions later....
              Hope it all works out for the best....
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

I hope karma pays him back...
                sigpic

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by noelani72
                  And he neg'ed me today.
                  Nice
                  Don't forget to post a reply to the neg to tell your side

Comment

• noelani72
                    27inaleon
                    • Jun 25, 2002

^^I did. Kinda hard to word it because there is a story to tell. I have not processed any refund and eBay is giving until April 19th I believe. Not sure what happens if I just let it sit and let eBay rule. Do i just bite the bullet and choose one of the solutions...

Comment

• jacoblb
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2009

Sad. The world is chalk full of mentally ill people. Sorry about your rotten eBay experience, it sucks they're worse than Twitter when it comes to characters one can type.

My wife works at Walgreens as a pharmacy technician, so she's see a lot of the crazy in society. People are the whole reason I escaped retail and got into manufacturing. Today she told me about a toy collector who had a meltdown inside the store over a display box for Batman & Harley Quinn Funko mini-Pop vinyls. I saw my share of weirdoes during my Toys R Us working days. I'm like, why aren't people supporting comic book stores for things they want in pristine condition, why would anyone assume Walgreen is in the business for TLC for toys?

Comment

• glimpy
                        Loco Chango
                        • Feb 5, 2012

Rough deal
                        sigpic

Comment

• LordMudd
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 22, 2011

I find it hard to believe he neg'd you so quick. I have tried to neg a seller or 2 before and get the message from ebay that I have to wait something like 7-10 days to make a neg or neutral rating AFTER it has been delivered, and you say tracking still shows not delivered. The real reason I wanted to say something is about the tracking. USPS is NOT consistent. It may have been delivered and the postal person neglected to scan it in. I have had all kinds of tracking issues with USPS. You might want to go see your Postmaster and inquire about the delivery date.

CCC.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎