Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

I can see Newmar in the sculpt, just hoping the lighting is overemphasizing the cheekbones; not quite as good as some others, but not too bad. Kitt seems a bit closer, and a slightly less choppy sculpt. The costumes are good, though the material should have more of a glossy/glitter effect. The arm gloves look good, but I hope the usual problems with the loose elbow joint doesn't recur. Overall, long overdue additions, just not quite up to the best they've done in this line. Good to hear the henchmen are still on the way, as well.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by scott metzger
      The arm gloves look good, but I hope the usual problems with the loose elbow joint doesn't recur.
      loose elbow syndrome goes away after transferred to the Mattel Cheetah body

Comment

• PeterRR
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jun 2, 2008

I kinda like the Newmar head sculpt. I probably would switch out the body. Because Julie had and still has a great body

Comment

• jacoblb
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2009

The look is what I expected. Can't wait to add them to the rest of the gang.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by captact
            Breaking news! Head sculpts reworked after negative internet feedback on the prototypes.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20529[/ATTACH]
            ROFL awesome.
            If I could get them for a good price, I would like to touch up the faces (and re-root of course lol) to see if I could get a better likeness. Many times its not so much a bad sculpt as it is lazy face screening.
            -Diana

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Interesting. I'm not blown away, but not bad either. I hope Earth Kitt's face isn't shiny like the prototype pictures. Glad the masks are removable too (wonder if they could have re-purposed one in red for the 1969 Catwoman exclusive?).

Easy purchase on these.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 27, 2011

Now they need to do the Kitka Catwoman Exclusive!

kitka.jpg

I can really see this happening!

Or time for those "Dinner Party" variants so she can steal jewels from Bruce, Dick, and Barbara! Tuxes and dresses with jewels to steal!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by Teemu
                  loose elbow syndrome goes away after transferred to the Mattel Cheetah body
                  You're ok with spending the money they are asking for just to have to switch out the body in order to have a decent figure?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                    You're ok with spending the money they are asking for just to have to switch out the body in order to have a decent figure?
                    plus the extra to buy a Mattel body. I am switching it over, too. Only because I find the Mego female figure just awful.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

For that I'd wait until they sold just the head/suit on CTVT, which cuts the cost down.
                      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by darkbros
                        For that I'd wait until they sold just the head/suit on CTVT, which cuts the cost down.
                        But they haven't been doing that with the latest series. I have been waiting for the TT Robin, but still nothing. At one point they were turning them around quickly from release to bagged to parts.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                          Never okay with it,but I have no choice....FTC bodies are crap.Plus,the upgrades make the figures much better without the stupid rubber bands to go with it. It's been time to move on from that a long time ago

Everything I buy from them go on S-types and Mattel female bodies

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

I wish that these were as well put together as the articulated Made to Move Barbie dolls. I just got one the other day, and her articulation is outstanding.

Best part about it is no stupid rubber bands!!!
                            JediJaida

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                              learning all the time
                              • Sep 15, 2010

typical ftc big head/lousy body issues aside, I still plan on getting Newmar because I've wanted it for so long.
                              also the black costume doesn't look shiny enough, maybe I can spray some fixative or somesuch on it to give it more sheen.

Comment

• captact
                                King of Super Queens!
                                • Aug 19, 2007

Quote from TRDouble: Interesting. I'm not blown away, but not bad either. I hope Earth Kitt's face isn't shiny like the prototype pictures. Glad the masks are removable too (wonder if they could have re-purposed one in red for the 1969 Catwoman exclusive?).

Like this mask on Catwoman TRDouble?
                                supergals.jpg
                                Last edited by captact; Apr 19, '17, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎