Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Meow Kitty Kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by captact View Post
    Interesting. I'm not blown away, but not bad either. I hope Earth Kitt's face isn't shiny like the prototype pictures. Glad the masks are removable too (wonder if they could have re-purposed one in red for the 1969 Catwoman exclusive?).

Like this one TRDouble?
    Attachment 20554
    YES! Just like that! That looks great! Care to share the recipe?

Quote Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
    loose elbow syndrome goes away after transferred to the Mattel Cheetah body
    Frankly, I'd prefer to have loose elbows than the strangely twisted, scrawny body Mattel gave us. Was looking at Mattel's Wonder Woman the other day; lordy, those legs are hideously deformed. The Mego female body has faults, but at least it looks healthy and...somewhat human.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Frankly, I'd prefer to have loose elbows than the strangely twisted, scrawny body Mattel gave us. Was looking at Mattel's Wonder Woman the other day; lordy, those legs are hideously deformed. The Mego female body has faults, but at least it looks healthy and...somewhat human.
    Completely agree. The legs on the Wonder Woman and Cheetah are just bizarre to say the least! And those weird baby hands.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbrosj66 View Post
    Completely agree. The legs on the Wonder Woman and Cheetah are just bizarre to say the least! And those weird baby hands.
    Hands that can be replaced

nothing "scrawny" about the Mattel body vs the Mego itty-bitty child breasts and un-natural oversized hips and a mid section that flops over because of the rubber band

It has already been proven the body swap makes the female proportions much better and a more natural looking

Quote Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
    Hands that can be replaced

nothing "scrawny" about the Mattel body vs the Mego itty-bitty child breasts and un-natural oversized hips and a mid section that flops over because of the rubber band

It has already been proven the body swap makes the female proportions much better and a more natural looking
    Proven to you. maybe. There's nothing natural about the Mattel body's bony, anorexic torso or those gnarled legs. And it's actually the Mattel figures that have the worst waists; most are incapable of standing straight no matter what you do, male or female. If FTC moved to bodies like Mattel's, that'd be the last figures I'd buy from them.

In the end, it's all a matter of personal taste and opinion, not a provable fact, which looks better. As for Mattel's proportions: Knock knees. Wide shoulders. Boy hips. Oddly bulging forearms (I yam what i yam!). Truncated torso. Elongated Man's neck. Big hands in perpetual claw-your-eye-out position. It's like drug induced Rob Leifeld Image comic come to life. Ick.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TRDouble View Post
    Yes +1
    and is that a MOTU Beastman whip I see in Catwoman's hand...Glad I wasn't the only one who thought of that....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Proven to you. maybe. There's nothing natural about the Mattel body's bony, anorexic torso or those gnarled legs. And it's actually the Mattel figures that have the worst waists; most are incapable of standing straight no matter what you do, male or female. If FTC moved to bodies like Mattel's, that'd be the last figures I'd buy from them.

In the end, it's all a matter of personal taste and opinion, not a provable fact, which looks better. As for Mattel's proportions: Knock knees. Wide shoulders. Boy hips. Oddly bulging forearms (I yam what i yam!). Truncated torso. Elongated Man's neck. Big hands in perpetual claw-your-eye-out position. It's like drug induced Rob Leifeld Image comic come to life. Ick.
    Right

100_7562.jpg

Vs

FTC_BatTV_S5_BatgirlLoose.jpg

Images

Couldn't agree more, Scott. If FTC ever started using the same type of body, I'd be done. I'm just glad that Cheetah's costume covers that funky Mattel body. As much as I love WW, I still have a hard time looking at the Mattel WW and not cringing. My preference? Original Mego bodies. That is all I really use for the most part and it goes back to personal taste. I would rather pay a few extra dollars for old Dinah Mite and Waltons figures and re-purpose the bodies. Are they perfect? No. But they have held up very well over the years and still hold great poses.

The main issue seems to be that we need a new option. We need a female body that is compatible with the mego female heads, clothes and accessories that is a little more reliable and better fitting, that is a little more busty and realistic.

Actually, most people would probably be happy if FTC just recast a couple of the pre-existing parts to fix these issues. Or if someone else out there would recast a more realist bustline and a better set of hips, the arms and legs would probably be fine. Many have already shown that they would pay the $20 plus shipping to get a good body. I'm one of them. If we could just get those 2 parts redone, how much money could someone make??? Actually, a thin plastic clip-on set of boobs and hips that are easy to add over top of a current body would probably work. If done right, they could even even out the posture problems people complain about.

JeffBearCO
    Last edited by jeffbearco; Apr 21, '17 at 3:55 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TRDouble View Post
    Its just a thin red vinyl,..used on most school looseleaf binder covers, cut out the shape and eyes (like FTC did with their Beast Boy mask), stick on with double clear Scotch tape and VOULA!!!!!