Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Meow Kitty Kitty!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbros View Post
    Yes +1
    and is that a MOTU Beastman whip I see in Catwoman's hand...Glad I wasn't the only one who thought of that....
    Yep!!! it is...and works like a charm!!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbrosj66 View Post
    Couldn't agree more, Scott. If FTC ever started using the same type of body, I'd be done. I'm just glad that Cheetah's costume covers that funky Mattel body. As much as I love WW, I still have a hard time looking at the Mattel WW and not cringing. My preference? Original Mego bodies. That is all I really use for the most part and it goes back to personal taste. I would rather pay a few extra dollars for old Dinah Mite and Waltons figures and re-purpose the bodies. Are they perfect? No. But they have held up very well over the years and still hold great poses.
    Like mines....which is now on a vintage Mego body and holds great poses too;
    20160829155539.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
    Thanks for proving my point. Knock knees, Elongated Man's neck, short torso, no discernible hips...

Seriously, though, the FTC body does have some issues the original Mego females didn't; there really isn't a body out there outside maybe the Yvonne figure that actually works as well as the old Megos. Even Doc Mego's female body with the hips you can push in is significantly short in the torso. Thing is, a modified body with a little more detail wouldn't be bad (a clavicle on the chest would be nice, as long is it isn't horribly bony like Mattel's), but I don't really want something too far afield from the original Mego look; what I'm looking for is something that complements the original figures. If I want to leave them as is, I'd like the retro inspired figures to fit in with the old Megos. If I want them for custom fodder, I definitely need them to be as much like the old figures as possible (no desire to switch a few hundred figures to new bodies to match, and that's not even really possible in some cases; I don't even know how I put my Lightning Lad together after all these years, much less how to take him apart ). I'm a life-long Mego fan, and that's pretty much the main market they are catering to here; the original 8" Megos still look really good in a properly made costume. and capture the 70's Neal Adams/Jim Aparo/Irv Novick/etc super hero look dead on. I just want to be able to say the same about the FTC figures, which I often can't, sadly.
    Last edited by scott metzger; Apr 24, '17 at 8:46 AM.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ I do agree that the mattel body has knee issues, but the neck is a lot better than the frightened turtle look of the FTC bodied Batgirl that Teemu posted. the Mattel body also solves some of the bigheadedness of the FTC figure too.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Thanks for proving my point. Knock knees, Elongated Man's neck, short torso, no discernible hips...

Seriously, though, the FTC body does have some issues the original Mego females didn't; there really isn't a body out there outside maybe the Yvonne figure that actually works as well as the old Megos. Even Doc Mego's female body with the hips you can push in is significantly short in the torso. Thing is, a modified body with a little more detail wouldn't be bad (a clavicle on the chest would be nice, as long is it isn't horribly bony like Mattel's), but I don't really want something too far afield from the original Mego look; what I'm looking for is something that complements the original figures. If I want to leave them as is, I'd like the retro inspired figures to fit in with the old Megos. If I want them for custom fodder, I definitely need them to be as much like the old figures as possible (no desire to switch a few hundred figures to new bodies to match, and that's not even really possible in some cases; I don't even know how I put my Lightning Lad together after all these years, much less how to take him apart ). I'm a life-long Mego fan, and that's pretty much the main market they are catering to here; the original 8" Megos still look really good in a properly made costume. and capture the 70's Neal Adams/Jim Aparo/Irv Novick/etc super hero look dead on. I just want to be able to say the same about the FTC figures, which I often can't, sadly.
    So then why knock the Mattel body when it clearly looks better in comparison?

If you never did the body swap then,how can you even conclude what looks better when you never have transferred it yourself to compare.

The "Knock knees" as you call them, you can't even see when clothed

At least the Mattel torso doesn't stay flopped over from an over-tightened rubber band and then always having to re-position it probably why most people won't open these figures

The body swaps (also onto S-types) clearly have shown to help the FTC head size issues too

As far as the hips? While the Mattel hips may have a more "teenish hips", it's a far cry from the unproportioned over-sized hips that FTC uses

I know a lot of the reason why most don't want to change the bodies out because it costs more money,I get that...but the swaps have proven over and over to be a success and look much better for these figures. My 66 Batman Collection has been a testament to that fact.

Teemu...Who makes that other Batgirl? The one you called "Right." I did a quick google search and couldn't find it. It looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by MeWantMegos View Post
    Teemu...Who makes that other Batgirl? The one you called "Right." I did a quick google search and couldn't find it. It looks great.
    FTC Batgirl head and full outfit placed on the Mattel female body with painted yellow pouches...the difference is HUGE

Would love to see a pic of your black-costumed Catwoman!