Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

Struck out at Best Buy this morning. Rats.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Bloody hell...damnit...
      sigpic

Comment

• Figuremod73
        That 80's guy
        • Jul 27, 2011

I think Nintendo has been doing this since the original NES even limiting supply of certain hot games during the holidays.

Looking back on the early years of the NES and how they manipulated the U.S. market, it makes me wish Atari had released the 7800 quicker and had better support for it.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

My son just put NES, SNES and a bunch of other game system emulators on his Raspberry Pi and they work great. Now I'm wondering why we wasted money buying the NES Classic.

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

^I've been reading up on that (for years ahead of NES Classic) and wondering about whether it would be worth it in the end. Then the NES Classic came out, or I assume it came out (never saw one at retail). I was perfectly happy to give Nintendo money to play their games again. Not willing to give a scalper 3 or 4 times the money he already paid Nintendo, though.

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by cjefferys
              My son just put NES, SNES and a bunch of other game system emulators on his Raspberry Pi and they work great. Now I'm wondering why we wasted money buying the NES Classic.
              Aside from it being illegal to do(emulator is legal, downloading game roms is not legal) , it's definitely the best way to play a bunch of retro games.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Guess I should tell my son to use the Tor browser if he wants to download any more games.

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

The new Super Nes version is supposed to be out for X-mas so I hope they make a lot
                  more of these or the scalpers will hog them up again. The only reason I got lucky at Target
                  was because they wouldn't sell the guy in front of me all 3 nes classics that they got in their shipment. I waited in line at Wallmart with a bunch of gamers when some guy dressed like manager ran thru the store at a back exit (this almost started a right but he ran away in
                  his fancy suit and tie) before people realized that he faked out employees when he entered. he was able to buy 2 of the 3 nes classics that people lined up for at the main exit at 0700
                  Last edited by wise guy; Jun 6, '17, 8:19 AM.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                    That 80's guy
                    • Jul 27, 2011

Although this is unlicensed, it's a pretty good alternative for those wanting some type of NES flashback. Has a good portion of the library too: https://sales.chubby3.com/products/c...o-game-console

Edit: Not to impressed with the game list. Maybe the cartridge that's is included is better.
                    Last edited by Figuremod73; Jul 5, '17, 3:25 PM.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

There's a Chinese web site called DHGate that is suppose to have them for $84. I don't know how legit the systems are.

Comment

• megomania
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by wise guy
                        The new Super Nes version is supposed to be out for X-mas so I hope they make a lot
                        more of these or the scalpers will hog them up again. The only reason I got lucky at Target
                        was because they wouldn't sell the guy in front of me all 3 nes classics that they got in their shipment. I waited in line at Wallmart with a bunch of gamers when some guy dressed like manager ran thru the store at a back exit (this almost started a right but he ran away in
                        his fancy suit and tie) before people realized that he faked out employees when he entered. he was able to buy 2 of the 3 nes classics that people lined up for at the main exit at 0700
                        Nintendo will make just enough of the Super NES to cause a buying-frenzy shortage. It's their MO.

-Chris

Comment

• Figuremod73
                          That 80's guy
                          • Jul 27, 2011

This looks like a pretty good clone of the NES classic mini. 500 games.

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

If anyone had any ideas about getting a Super Nes Classic and didn't get one today, you might be out of luck. Nintendo might end up making enough, but I haven't had any luck with pre-orders today myself.

http://kotaku.com/snes-classic-pre-o...igh-1798304226
                            Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Makernaut
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2015

Speaking to the Financial Times, Nintendo of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime said that there would be "dramatically increased" production of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System Classic Edition console (to give the miniaturized 16-bit machine its full moniker).

"I would strongly urge you not to over-bid on an SNES Classic on any of the auction sites [...] You shouldn't pay more than $79.99," Fils-Aime said.
                              http://www.techradar.com/news/more-s...ites-like-ebay

I don't think they were willing to give specific numbers regarding production, but they did say they will produce more SNES Classics so as not to drive the scalper market like they did with NES Classic.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, where did i hear that before? Oh, that's right from Nintendo last year when they pulled the exact same stunt.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎