Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NES Classic Has Been Discontinued

Images
    My local Walmart must have just got some more in. Saw four of them just sitting over in Electronics.

I am happy other members here are finding these, I hate when scalpers hog them up!
    Last edited by wise guy; Jun 29, '18 at 10:55 PM.

Images
    I'm guessing that they must have produced a lot more this go around because I never saw one in a store on the last run. I saw one SNES a few months back. Yesterday, there were 10 NES Classics left in the display case after I bought mine. I bet they were selling out quick in the metropolitan areas, but for a rural Walmart to have that many on-hand, it makes me think there are more available than last time.

Images
    I was in the same Walmart today and I cruised by to see if they had any NES Classics left. There were two, but what surprised me was that they now had the SNES Classic in stock. They also got in some Atari Flashback 8s, Atari Flashback Portable, Sega Genesis Classic, and a Sega Handheld. Lots of choices for retro gaming!

Images
    There were four at my local Wal-Mart....bought two. Target in the same mall had only one SNES...

-Chris

Images
    There was only half a cart of NES Classics at my Walmart, which was only a quarter of the SNES's they had in Fall. They also only had eight controllers, but I was first in line, so it didn't bother me

I just bought the NES classic mini console for 60 dollars at Target. Seemed like a good deal to me.

I've heard that one of the mini's (NES or SNES) is hackable. So it may be possible to add more games to these things.

Images
    ^ I've seen a couple of tutorials on that, but I remain a little timid about it for several reasons.

And on a related note, it seems that Nintendo is full-on busting sites that had the ROMs for download. I guess that's only become an issue for them recently because those sites have been around for years. There was a pretty big movement of people building DIY retro gaming systems using Raspberry Pi and all of the articles I saw had links pointing to ROM download sites contained in the step-by-step instructions. Never heard peep one about Nintendo wanting to shut those sites down until yesterday.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/nintendo-loveroms-lawsuit
    https://www.pcgamer.com/nintendo-fil...mulator-sites/

Nintendo is seeing $$$$ with the mini's now. I wouldn't be surprised if there are new additions with additional games like we see with the Atari flashbacks that Atgames makes.

Hopefully, we will see an N64 version of it. I suspect there will be a Gameboy version first.