X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

New Star Wars "Forces of Destiny" animated series

Rey, Ahsoka Tano, Jyn Erso, Princess Leia, Sabine Wren, and other icons of a galaxy far, far away will take center stage in Star Wars Forces of Destiny — a new animated micro-series and initiative celebrating some of Star Wars‘ most beloved and inspirational characters. Announced by Disney and Lucasfilm today, Star Wars Forces of Destiny launches in July with a series of animated shorts (2-3 minutes each) on Disney YouTube, exploring all-new adventures of the fan-favorites. A two-part TV special featuring eight additional shorts will follow on Disney Channel in fall 2017. Significantly, Daisy Ridley (Rey), Felicity Jones (Jyn Erso), Tiya Sircar (Sabine Wren), Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka Tano), and Lupita Nyong’o (Maz Kanata, narrating the series) will all reprise their roles for the show. Developed by Lucasfilm Animation, Star Wars Forces of Destiny will remain true to the Star Wars canon, showing how choices both big and small ultimately shape the destinies of beloved characters. Star Wars Forces of Destiny is for anyone who has been inspired by Leia’s heroism, Rey’s courage, or Ahsoka’s tenacity,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “We’re thrilled that so many of the original actors are reprising their roles in these shorts which capture the small moments and everyday decisions that shape who these characters are. It is a fun new way for people to experience Star Wars.”
    Last edited by Bruce Banner; Apr 13, '17, 6:56 AM.
    PUNY HUMANS!
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Looks like something a fan made at home on their PC.

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

Looks like somebody took pages out of a colouring book.
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I'm on board. I like traditional animation better than 3D CGI. (Yes, I know this is not cel animation, but you get the point). I think it will look better in motion. The Tartakovsky Clone Wars micro series was pretty minimalist in design, but I flippin' loved that show. The concept of anthology vignettes with female Star Wars characters is just too tantalizing to dismiss. Can't wait for this.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Same here... I favour traditional animation style. And this micro series looks like it'll be awesome. The character designs aren't overly stylized and I agree that it'll look great in motion.
          The vignette format is also an inspired choice. That first Tartakovsky season of The Clone Wars remains my favourite to this day.
          And the focus on the female SW characters... love it.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

I love traditional animation style as well.This is not even close to that ,it looks like computer generated 2D.
            The conceptual art looks like it was better drawn than what they went with in the end.
            Will I watch....of course I will.
            Maybe it will play better than what I've seen so far?
            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

I really, truly do miss hand painted cel animation. But this is probably as close as we will get in an age where children are conditioned with 3D CGI animation as the standard.

I'll repeat myself....

Disney, if you want to honor the name of Star Wars and Disney animation, one of your spinoff films should be a traditional, hand painted, cel-animated feature in the style of 40's-60's Disney animation. (My preference would be using Sleeping Beauty as the template.) People often praise retro films made with practical monster or makeup effects. I would love to see them do a labor of love old school, and have teams of artists animating in the historic Disney style, using old techniques. Star Wars is a fairy tale, and if they could nail that aspect with animation, they would have something unique that would standout as a bold and creative gem in the long history of Star Wars stories. A moving storybook... that's what I'd kill to see.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

First episode:

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

i thought it was well done. I guess that fits in right after she agreed to let bb8 go with her

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Episode 2:

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

Three:

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Klosterheim
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 23, 2013

These are pretty good!

I like them all.

I enjoyed the videos on youtube, Disney.

The animation is so much better than trying to gauge the series by the still screenshots, the voices, sound effects and art makes it a very nice overall package.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

They've all been pretty entertaining so far.

Rey fends off a creature that wants to devour her new friend, BB-8.SUBSCRIBE to get notified when new Disney videos are posted: http://di.sn/SubscribeGet eve...

Rey and BB-8 take off on a speeder to flee scavenger thugs who want to steal BB-8.SUBSCRIBE to get notified when new Disney videos are posted: http://di.sn/S...

Leia and Wicket work together to help Ewoks escape from stormtroopers.SUBSCRIBE to get notified when new Disney videos are posted: http://di.sn/SubscribeGet ...

On her way to a Jedi ceremony, Ahsoka leaps into action to stop a malfunctioning droid.SUBSCRIBE to get notified when new Disney videos are posted: http://di...

Streaming Now on Disney+ – Sign Up at https://disneyplus.com/Leia and R2-D2 must free Chewie from the clutches of a ferocious wampa.SUBSCRIBE to get notified...

Streaming Now on Disney+ – Sign Up at https://disneyplus.com/Ahsoka and Padme face off against a shape-shifting bounty hunter. SUBSCRIBE to get notified when...

Jyn comes to the aid of a little girl bullied by stormtroopers. SUBSCRIBE to get notified when new Disney videos are posted: http://di.sn/SubscribeGet even m...
                          Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jul 9, '17, 7:12 PM.
                          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

I thought they were all well done. looking forward to seeing more

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎