Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Yeah, my wife thanks you very much for denigrating the first toy line that has got her to collect in years (I won't repeat her exact words when she saw the post...)

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Thank you for speaking for all men collectively, and for linking sales figures.

More importantly, Forces of Destiny was specifically designed and marketed for girls. There may be some crossover appeal, and if Luke and Chewie do well, who knows what characters will be added. Is the line officially dead?

Regardless, there are comparably-scaled figures in the "boy's aisle" in a wider range of characters.

One approach, rather than denigrating female fans and customers, might be to contact the manufacturer and request more 1/6
      male characters from the original trilogy. Would you buy them or are you just griping?
      I don't need to show you sales links. I can observe myself. The female Dolls are not selling and are they rotting on the shelf.

Starwars is not just female or female leads, which seems to be the agenda push of Hollywood as of late..

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

They should never try to embrace another demographic, let's continue focus on the shrinkng core buyer. Brilliant!
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I started this thread because I thought the toys were cool and wanted to pass along the info to other collectors and their kids. There are a lot of toy lines I'm not interested in but have I the courtesy not to go into those threads and be negative about them and there is a thread already to discuss the state of SW merchandise. On a personal note, I find it a bit depressing/frustrating to see female characters so often labeled as Mary Sues.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

My daughter--who IS the target audience for these--has a half dozen of them and she loves them. And this 49-in-a-couple-of-weeks toy nerd does too.
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Werewolf
              I find it a bit depressing/frustrating to see female characters so often labeled as Mary Sues.
              ^This.

Comment

• Madcap70
                • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by pmwasson
                Here is the R2D2 with an in-progress custom Luke:

Thanks man is this articulated in any way?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Per a Youtube review, R2D2 has 3-point articulation (rotating dome and upper legs)--similar to a vintage figure.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                    • Mar 15, 2008

Was in Toys R Us yesterday (Freehold, NJ), saw a few girls in the Star Wars section excitedly ogling the Forces of Destiny figures (mostly Rey and I think there was a Leia there), much like you'd expect if they were in the Barbie section. saw a couple more checking out the female WWE wrestling figures the next aisle over, too.

Would that my own niece were into Star Wars, but, alas, no. She's into Nerf guns, not lightsabers.
                    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

If anyone hasn't yet, check out the cartoons on youtube. They're short, delightful little tales. Nothing groundbreaking, just.. fun.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Admin: I've think we've had enough name calling and politicizing of a perfectly innocent thread for one day.

One user is now blocked from this area, let's keep the discussion about the toys, thanks!
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                          If anyone hasn't yet, check out the cartoons on youtube. They're short, delightful little tales. Nothing groundbreaking, just.. fun.
                          I agree. Those are fun.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Brown Bear
                            Still Old School
                            • Feb 14, 2008

My kids play with my 12 inch Hasbro guys from the 90’s quite a bit. Thinking these might be of interest to my daughter. She’d love Chewy for sure.
                            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

I think these figures are awesome. I gave my daughter a figure last week for her birthday. "Sabine! Sabine Wren!" she squealed.

We're hoping they make a Hera to go with her.

(Those are characters from the Star Wars Rebels cartoon for those who don't follow that sort of thing.)

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                                My kids play with my 12 inch Hasbro guys from the 90’s quite a bit.
                                Those seem to get a lot of ridicule but I've always liked them. Very nice quality and sturdy toys.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎