Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Has anyone taken any pics with the droids next to MEGO customs? The accessory figures (droids, ewok, yoda) all look to be more in 1:9 scale than the stylized 1:6 ish that the main characters are.

Comment

• Grayson66
      • Sep 5, 2015

Apparently there have been some rumors about the future of this line, or rather the lack of it, due to the first wave clearance prices. Nothing new shown at Toy Fair but Bleeding Cool reports the line is not dead. The previously announced figures like Ashoka and Padme are coming and they say more figures will be announced after "assessing" some things. Hopefully the line will continue. Hasbro/Disney was looking to build this into other merchandise like Mattel did with DC Super Hero Girls so I don't see them giving up on it too easily.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

The line was shown at Toy Fair but nothing new.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• spockoda
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jan 14, 2018

I honestly barely paid any attention to these until I was on the Hasbro website and saw the Luke and Yoda two pack. I'm not totally convinced I would buy some of these, but the Luke and Yoda figures sparked my interest a bit. It comes down to the fact that I really have to thread carefully with my collecting dollar and there are other things Star Wars related or otherwise I would rather have more than these as they do look maybe a little bit too much on the kiddish side.

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by rche
            Has anyone taken any pics with the droids next to MEGO customs? The accessory figures (droids, ewok, yoda) all look to be more in 1:9 scale than the stylized 1:6 ish that the main characters are.
            I picked up the R2D2 and it is pretty much in Mego scale.
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Madcap70
              • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by pmwasson
              Do you have any side by side pics?

Comment

• Madcap70
                • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by pmwasson
                DO you have a side by side picture comparison????

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

The line would be more popular if they would stop shoving females down our throat with Mary Sue leading the way. Boys don't want or buy girl dolls.That fact will always be true..

Perhaps start doing Han Solo and the rest of the gang instead of making almost all "barbie" Starwars dolls,because that is what they are.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Teemu
                    The line would be more popular if they would stop shoving females down our throat with Mary Sue leading the way. Boys don't want or buy girl dolls.That fact will always be true..

Perhaps start doing Han Solo and the rest of the gang instead of making almost all "barbie" Starwars dolls,because that is what they are.
                    Thank you for speaking for all men collectively, and for linking sales figures.

More importantly, Forces of Destiny was specifically designed and marketed for girls. There may be some crossover appeal, and if Luke and Chewie do well, who knows what characters will be added. Is the line officially dead?

Regardless, there are comparably-scaled figures in the "boy's aisle" in a wider range of characters.

One approach, rather than denigrating female fans and customers, might be to contact the manufacturer and request more 1/6
                    male characters from the original trilogy. Would you buy them or are you just griping?
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Just a thought that this line is for the 52 percent minority and not 50 year old boys.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• pmwasson
                        Maker
                        • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by Madcap70
                        DO you have a side by side picture comparison????
                        Here is the R2D2 with an in-progress custom Luke:

Attached Files
                        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

^^ that is what I thought; size wise spot on.
                          nice Luke. Is that a pez?

Comment

• kinostadt
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 14, 2004

That scale looks pretty close to me. Maybe the R2 is just a tiny bit small for an 8" Luke? But I think the pair look great together.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Great figure and R2D2. Is that a PEZ head, pretty sweet?
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• pmwasson
                                Maker
                                • Sep 12, 2007

Yeah, it a pez head
                                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎