Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I knew a certain vocal but small contingent of male SW fans would lose their minds over this. Get over it. You have 40 years of merchandise to call your own.

Surprisingly, Dani has enjoyed the DC Super Hero Girls books, but has been very "meh" about the non-Lego toys. I think it has more to do with her Lego obsession than her feelings on the way the toys are made, look, etc.

She's all in on the Rey doll, and once she sees the Luke, she may be into that too.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      I knew a certain vocal but small contingent of male SW fans would lose their minds over this.
      Yeah, I had to change the link. The comment sections about these toys at the first site were getting too toxic.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Rebelscum also has some nice pics.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
          Yeah, I had to change the link. The comment sections about these toys at the first site were getting too toxic.
          That's incredibly sad, not at all surprising though.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

These are awesome. Not quite as stylized as the Bratz/Monster High end of the spectrum... but just enough to have that animated feel. They actually fit nicely with the Star Wars Rebels aesthetic.

Plus, that slightly undersized R2 looks like it is closer to Mego scale.

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

Luke and Yoda look pretty cool.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Chewbacca looks like Chaka

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Cool stuff. And about 8 years too late for my kid.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

It's just stupid. Nerf has a line for boys and one for girls. Same with Lego. So why not Star Wars?

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                      It's just stupid. Nerf has a line for boys and one for girls. Same with Lego. So why not Star Wars?
                      I love the idea, but who is behind pushing gender specific toys?
                      It would be great if this is marketed towards boys & girls equally, I don't see a reason why it couldn't be.
                      And I find girl Nerf guns to be really dumb lol Like twice the price of a standard nerf weapon cuz its pink.
                      -Diana

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

They revealed the Ahsoka doll at one of the SW panels at celebration. Looks nice.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                          Wake Up Heavy
                          • Jan 31, 2010

They revealed the Ahsoka doll at one of the SW panels at celebration. Looks nice.
                          Oh man, my daughter is going to FLIP!
                          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Ahsoka pics.

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

Has anyone seen a definite release date for the second wave of these? My wife got all of the first wave and wants wave 2, and we just saw Walmart put the entire first wave on clearance super cheap without a sign of Wave 2 in the stores. We have seen pics from NYCC and other trade shows of what is/was planned for the second wave, but I haven't found anything definitive on a release date and was wondering if anyone had.

-M
                              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Chewie is out now and Entertainment Earth lists Luke and Ahsoka as coming in February.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎