Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Original mego grayson and wayne with mocha heads

Images
    I think you have not done wrong with that head. Just also compare the color with your other RCB heads when you get it. The face paint looks right, no markings but the the color is hard to judge in his photo. The other one probably would have passed which is why I said it’s a tough dispute. But I’ve seen several mocha ones with this style face paint through the years including the one megozilla has in Ben’s book
    Last edited by hobub; Aug 12, '18 at 9:30 PM. Reason: iPhone typos

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tjacwave50 View Post
    I thought if it didn't have markings, it was the Montgomery Wards AE heads? I have a couple Clark Kent heads and one
    doesn't seem to have any markings, so now I'm curious myself.
    I’ve seen mocha Grayson and Kent heads with faint markings as SIs. But the eye paint, It’s consistent and in runs or batches (Especially the RCB BW head). This stuff wasn’t hand painted, air brushed on or stenciled. And you have certain groups that look alike. The Si Mocha heads appear to be among them.
    As always, Peter Parker is the easiest to spot because of the paint color. I look for dye errors. Just a printers or pre-press hobby I suppose. I stepped off that field a decade ago but it’s bred into me.
    Last edited by hobub; Aug 12, '18 at 9:31 PM. Reason: iPhone typos