Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Original mego grayson and wayne with mocha heads

hobub...I don't know what to say...the head is very mocha, in a much darker tone than all the RCB I own...

I own 5 removable Cowl Batman (2 are MIB a 3 are loose) and their heads are in a pale pink in comparison to my AE Bruce Wayne...

These are the RCB I own:
    Hb1w-MX-3p-4d-O: 1st issue/2nd Version (Mixed) "First Window" box T1 Removable Cowl, Stirrup Suit, Nylon Trunks, Translucent Belt, vinyl Emblem, Skinny Boots
    Hb1w-MX-4p-4d-O: 1st issue/3rd Version (Mixed) "4 Panel" box T1 Removable Cowl, Stirrup Suit, Nylon Trunks, Translucent Belt, vinyl Emblem, std Boots
    Loose T1 Removable Cowl, Stirrup Suit, Nylon Trunks, Translucent Belt, vinyl Emblem, Skinny Boots
    Loose T1 Removable Cowl, Stirrup Suit, Nylon Trunks, Translucent Belt, vinyl Emblem, Purple/Grey Cape, std Boots
    Loose T1 Removable Cowl, Non Stirrup Suit, Nylon Trunks, Translucent Belt, vinyl Emblem, std Boots

Federico

Images
    It's a tough dispute.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hobub View Post
    It's a tough dispute.
    I think some of the DGs came with faint markings on the back. The mocha or coffee color is the closest way to identify whether it is a AE/SI head. I would say that the flesh tone was unique to that set. If you own any other AE/SI's that you know are 100 % original, then by putting it side by side. They will be a perfect match in skin tone.

Images
    Thanks Clem

Images
    Blog Entries
    so which one is more sought-after? The mocha head?
    ]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/superfriends/images/7/78/World%27s_Greatest_Super-Heroes_-_DC_Characters.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140106164547

Images
    Yes, mocha type 1 head. And face paint like the one pictured above in this forum header as well is this one in this listing is what I would be looking at since they are consistent with all the one's I have seen and have been studying for a long while.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mego-vintag...itleDesc=0%7C0

The Peter Parker has blue eyes and brown hair with no npp markings. I have seen mocha Dick Grayson and Clark Kent heads with faint npp markings, but not Bruce Wayne although I cannot dispute their existence. But the eye paint on the RCB/Bruce Wayne head has slight varieties that are not mentioned and are in waves or groups ( just like the skinny boots that were discovered years ago in both blue and red ), The RMR/Dick Grayson head eye paint is very consistent indicating to me a much smaller run or fewer produced.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hobub; Jul 29, '18 at 12:37 PM.

Images
    Here’s another

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/163175261...2047675.l10137

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hobub; Aug 6, '18 at 7:20 AM. Reason: Politically incorrect

Images
    This old pic of mine might give you a closer comparison of all the different original Wayne heads and their skin tone.

You put me so many doubts on my AE Bruce Wayne head that I decided to grab this unmarked Bruce Wayne Head...
    so now my AE Bruce wayne has two heads... one mocha with markings and one mocha without markings...

a two face AE Bruce ahahhaha

Federico
    Quote Originally Posted by hobub View Post
    Last edited by XXXPHOENIX; Aug 27, '18 at 9:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXXPHOENIX View Post
    You put me many doubts on my AE Bruce Wayne head that I decided to grab this unmarked Bruce Wayne Head...
    so now my AE Bruce wayne has two heads... one mocha with markings and one mocha without markings...

a two face AE Bruce ahahhaha

Federico
    I thought if it didn't have markings, it was the Montgomery Wards AE heads? I have a couple Clark Kent heads and one
    doesn't seem to have any markings, so now I'm curious myself.