Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Wow, this season has been killer. That was a great episode last night.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I dunno, last nights episode was crazy confusing until the end.

Didn't like it .... but, didn't hate it either

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

Since this particular story is a trilogy of sorts (or so I understand), I'm holding off watching both "Oxygen" and "Extremis" until I have "The Pyramid at the End of the World" recorded next Saturday and then, come Memorial Day Monday, after a trip to the cemetery to remember loved ones lost, I'll be spending three hours with The Doctor and see how it all plays out in one, big binge...
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• clemso
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 8, 2001

My final cameo of season 10 as one of Rafando's Guards in Extremis. Peter Capaldi referred to me as the Chameleon on set as he had seen me so many times on different episodes. I will miss him as he is such a lovely and genuine fella.

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

I saw you that time! I really liked the Extremis scenes, it just looked so cinematic.

Comment

• clemso
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
              I saw you that time! I really liked the Extremis scenes, it just looked so cinematic.
              If you mean the scene for Missy's execution, i agree, it was beautifully shot in a quarry in Cardiff, Wales. It really does look other worldly.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

"The Pyramid at the End of the World" was another solid episode. This season has been consistently good so far.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

Fairly interesting conclusion to the whole "monk" saga tonight. Still loving Capaldi as the Doctor. Some of his one liners are classic.

Next week's episode looks awesome. Victorian soldiers versus Ice Warriors.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

I'm really enjoying this season. The three leads have great chemistry, and the stories aren't mind-blowing, but solid story-telling, and the monks three-parter was always entertaining, no "padding" in sight to fill three eps.
                    Really looking forward to the Ice Warriors, personal favorites.

Question: so the Doctor can trigger his own regeneration? Or was it just smoke and mirrors?
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Gorn Captain

Question: so the Doctor can trigger his own regeneration? Or was it just smoke and mirrors?
                      I took as spilling a few years like Tennant did in Rise of the Cybermen to boost up the TARDIS power.

Only thing, seems like a super waste for quick prank

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I didn't love the previous episode but it was by no means terrible either, the cast has great chemistry and I still enjoyed it. I hope we see the Monks again, they were effective.

Next week's looks really interesting.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I hate to say our family has lost interest in Who for now. The new season coming in the summer means most Saturdays were not at home, and although I've DVRed them up to now, we've only watched two episodes. Not bad, but not enough to keep us glued to our sets.

I just downgraded our DISH package, and we lost BBC America. Paying an extra $40 a month for that one channel just didn't make sense. I may have to get the whole season on Amazon to catch up.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

I've been really enjoying this season. I was so down on Capaldi's Doctor, but he's really found the mark this year. The stories have been very good, the new villains top notch, and Bill & Nardole have been great companions. Even Missy hasn't been annoying so far. I'm actually disappointed that this is all coming in his last season.
                            I kind of feel that I was cheated out of two years of a decent Doctor. If only they had done all this the first year, instead of all the focus being on Clara, Mr. Pink, the sonic sunglasses, guitars, clothes, etc.
                            All that silliness got jettisoned , and with a traditional sort of companion added, it's been a lot of fun this year.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

"The Empress of Mars" was my favourite episode of the season so far.
                              I'll avoid posting spoliers, but suffice it to say that the cameo by a character from another rather well known Ice Warriors story from the past was just AWESOME.
                              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

The Empress of Mars ending alien cameo REALLY got my fanboy panties in a bunch.

When I first heard the voice I was like - NO WAY !!!

I give this episode 5 stars JUST for that

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎