X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

sectaurs kickstarter?

anyway on facebook Zica posted two symbols that to be look to be the warriors of symbion.2018.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

That does look like the Shining Realm and Dark Domain symbols from Sectaurs. Last I heard Seven Towns still owns the rights.

Sectaurs was a cool line that deserved to do better than it did. The furry bug puppet mounts really screamed kid fun play. I'd love to see a Sectaurs revival as a mass market line.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
      That does look like the Shining Realm and Dark Domain symbols from Sectaurs. Last I heard Seven Towns still owns the rights.

Sectaurs was a cool line that deserved to do better than it did. The furry bug puppet mounts really screamed kid fun play. I'd love to see a Sectaurs revival as a mass market line.
      This is being done as a licensed deal with Seven Towns.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Can we expect a mass market line with mounts? Dargon is not really complete without Dragonflyer. Finally getting Stelara would also be great.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Can we expect a mass market line with mounts? Dargon is not really complete without Dragonflyer. Finally getting Stelara would also be great.
          I'm holding off on giving out any specifics until an official press release is made for the line. However, I will say that things are staying fairly simple for the first wave.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Sectaurs I don't care if I was about to graduate high school when it debuted--it's one of me most beloved toy lines. Now a kickstarter? Yes, please.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA
              I'm holding off on giving out any specifics until an official press release is made for the line. However, I will say that things are staying fairly simple for the first wave.
              6" or 4" scale???

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
                6" or 4" scale???
                The figures are 4" tall, same as the Adventure People figures.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 18, 2006

The idea of making the animal mounts into puppets was fantastic, even though the Sectaurs line did not last long. I am always surprised that the truly innovative ideas from old toy lines are rarely revisited by toy companies today. The puppet gimmick would have worked great for the "How to Train a Dragon" toy line, or even some of the Star Wars creatures.

Anyway, new Sectaurs figures would be cool, I like the character designs and can't wait to see how they look in whatever form a new line takes.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

The original character designs are perfect as is. Please don't re-imagine the characters. I don't want to see Prince Dargon as grizzled old man with a new team and I don't want to see General Spidrax made all extreme with extra limbs and mandibles. Just have them look like they did in the 80s.

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

The original character designs are perfect as is. Please don't re-imagine the characters. I don't want to see Prince Dargon as grizzled old man with a new team and I don't want to see General Spidrax made all extreme with extra limbs and mandibles. Just have them look like they did in the 80s.
                      The original Coleco designs were followed very closely for the new figures, I think fans will be very happy with how they turned out.

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by ZICA
                        The original Coleco designs were followed very closely for the new figures, I think fans will be very happy with how they turned out.
                        Hope you consider the beasts rides...that was the best part of the line

Comment

• ribefex
                          Museum Patron
                          • Dec 19, 2008

Sectaurs is my favorite line of the 80s, along with Super Powers. That's great news, Craig. Congratulations!

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
                            Hope you consider the beasts rides...that was the best part of the line
                            The first wave will only consist of figures, no beasts or insect companions. If I tried to include those the development cost would have been sky high. The plan is to save those items for wave 2.

Originally posted by ribefex
                            Sectaurs is my favorite line of the 80s, along with Super Powers. That's great news, Craig. Congratulations!
                            Thanks!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

Count me in!
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎