Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: sectaurs kickstarter?

Yeah,I am in for these

These guys are fantastic!

I really like the look of these but I'm still reluctant to get involved with these Kickstarter campaigns...I just don't understand how they work. For instance...Captain Action was announced over a year ago, yet there still are no ACTUAL toys to buy, correct? Have they even been made? If not, when? When are they going to be delivered? How does one order IN STOCK figures? I saw one of the campaigns was canceled. What does that mean for people that gave money? Do they get it back? So many questions.

I really hate this Kickstarter stuff.
    MAKE the toys first. SHOW me the toys. THEN I'll happily give you my money.

Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    I really like the look of these but I'm still reluctant to get involved with these Kickstarter campaigns...I just don't understand how they work. For instance...Captain Action was announced over a year ago, yet there still are no ACTUAL toys to buy, correct? Have they even been made? If not, when? When are they going to be delivered? How does one order IN STOCK figures? I saw one of the campaigns was canceled. What does that mean for people that gave money? Do they get it back? So many questions.

I really hate this Kickstarter stuff.
    MAKE the toys first. SHOW me the toys. THEN I'll happily give you my money.
    So far I have not any problems from the kick-starters yet (I have done 7 so far,2 I'm currently waiting on and 1 never funded) but I agree the wait time for the product is a little too long.That will always have people hesitant with this kind of stuff especially giving your money up front with nothing to show for it until a year or more later,plus No, you don't get your money back if the vendor decides to bail (though he will have destroyed all his credibility is that ever happens).

^Thanks for the info Teemu...there's NO WAY I would ever give to one of these things knowing that.

Do you at least get your money back if they don't meet their goal?

Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    ^Thanks for the info Teemu...there's NO WAY I would ever give to one of these things knowing that.

Do you at least get your money back if they don't meet their goal?
    If they don't meet their goal, they don't take any money

But if they meet their goal,they take money up front (kinda like a pre-order)...but the project still could never get made and you'd be out your money that you invested in it. Like I said, no problems yet doing it but it is will always be a risk unless you are dealing with very trusted folks (like the four horsemen's product)