• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

These guys are fantastic!

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

I really like the look of these but I'm still reluctant to get involved with these Kickstarter campaigns...I just don't understand how they work. For instance...Captain Action was announced over a year ago, yet there still are no ACTUAL toys to buy, correct? Have they even been made? If not, when? When are they going to be delivered? How does one order IN STOCK figures? I saw one of the campaigns was canceled. What does that mean for people that gave money? Do they get it back? So many questions.

I really hate this Kickstarter stuff.
        MAKE the toys first. SHOW me the toys. THEN I'll happily give you my money.

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by enyawd72
          I really like the look of these but I'm still reluctant to get involved with these Kickstarter campaigns...I just don't understand how they work. For instance...Captain Action was announced over a year ago, yet there still are no ACTUAL toys to buy, correct? Have they even been made? If not, when? When are they going to be delivered? How does one order IN STOCK figures? I saw one of the campaigns was canceled. What does that mean for people that gave money? Do they get it back? So many questions.

I really hate this Kickstarter stuff.
          MAKE the toys first. SHOW me the toys. THEN I'll happily give you my money.
          So far I have not any problems from the kick-starters yet (I have done 7 so far,2 I'm currently waiting on and 1 never funded) but I agree the wait time for the product is a little too long.That will always have people hesitant with this kind of stuff especially giving your money up front with nothing to show for it until a year or more later,plus No, you don't get your money back if the vendor decides to bail (though he will have destroyed all his credibility is that ever happens).

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

^Thanks for the info Teemu...there's NO WAY I would ever give to one of these things knowing that.

Do you at least get your money back if they don't meet their goal?

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by enyawd72
              ^Thanks for the info Teemu...there's NO WAY I would ever give to one of these things knowing that.

Do you at least get your money back if they don't meet their goal?
              If they don't meet their goal, they don't take any money

But if they meet their goal,they take money up front (kinda like a pre-order)...but the project still could never get made and you'd be out your money that you invested in it. Like I said, no problems yet doing it but it is will always be a risk unless you are dealing with very trusted folks (like the four horsemen's product)

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Sectaurs kickstarter is up!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I hope it makes it!
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ribefex
                    Museum Patron
                    • Dec 19, 2008

Only seven days for the Sectaurs campaign to end and there are still a few hundred dollars left. If someone was thinking about it, now is the time!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/.../posts/2118464

Comment

• ribefex
                      Museum Patron
                      • Dec 19, 2008

Only seven days for the Sectaurs campaign to end and there are still a few hundred dollars left. If someone was thinking about it, now is the time!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ymbion/updates

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

It made it, sweet!
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel with this project: Sectaurs

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I received my figures today, thank you. Well-shipped,great-looking figures on sharp cards. The metallic paints really pop and evoke the originals.

I hope these do well, I'd love to seee more!

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Does the finished Dargon still have the short hair buzzcut or does he have the longer hair of the original design?
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• powersthatbe
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 27, 2010

got mine today as well. and dargon has the short hair.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎