X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Re-Rooter
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 13, 2016

First Appearance Polaris

This commission is based on Polaris's First Appearance in The X-Men #49 in 1968.
    I am delighted with how she turned out-I was not sure if it was going to come together!

Polaris-mego-first.jpg

Custom Breakdown:

Mary Ellen Walton was used as the base. I repainted her face and gave her more "sinister" eyebrows lol
    Hair has been re-rooted with nylon hair from my store, thedollplanet.com
    Headpiece is made from thick foam. Not my greatest piece ever, but I'm glad it at least looks like her original headpiece, I rarely see it done!
    Her outfit is the true masterpiece, which mostly goes to my mom. I do the concept design and supervise, but she is the one who does the sewing. The base is a HEAVILY modified CTVT jumpsuit with quite a bit removed and flesh tone material added on the sides. We used a Remego WW costume for the flesh pieces. Bracers are recylced sleeves from the bodysuit that got altered for a tighter fit. The halter top piece & cape are made from green double stretch polyester. We kept the cape extra long for dramatic effect
    The skull was sculpted by hand using sculpey, it was made by a friend of mine who does a lot of miniatures cuz my clumsy hands couldn't do that! I did paint the eyes of the skull and attach it.
    I also attached the "laces" of her shoes as a lovely reminder of how bad I am at this! I used friendship bracelet thread that my stepdaughter never used.

I hope you like her!

-Diana, the Re-rooter
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Excellent job! She looks very intimidating.
    JediJaida

Comment

• darklord1967
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2008

I absolutely love the craftsmanship of this custom action figure. The execution is flawless. And your unmatched hair re-rooting skills really serve the figure well! More than ever, I am looking forward to meeting you in person at MEGO MEET and seeing your brilliant creations up close!
      I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by darklord1967
        I absolutely love the craftsmanship of this custom action figure. The execution is flawless. And your unmatched hair re-rooting skills really serve the figure well! More than ever, I am looking forward to meeting you in person at MEGO MEET and seeing your brilliant creations up close!
        You are so sweet!

I plan to bring like 90% heads, 10% completed figures for a broad price point. My booth wouldn't be complete without a few Storms & Rogues, most likely doing a 70s version White Queen which might already be pre-sold lol And I really love the idea of doing Dazzler! ( "Is that Jem?" My husband asked when I showed him a pic lol) I need to start a thread with suggestions of what I should bring so that I can have heads & figures people are actually interested in!
        Your display is going to be AMAZING! I am already so crazy impressed with what you have unveiled so far. And I'm excited to meet you too! I appreciate true Batman elitists

-Diana

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Very nice work... Good job all around...

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Beautiful work she came out great, give yourself a standing ovation.

Comment

• megalomaniac001
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 24, 2009

That is super awesome! I have wanted to do this figure, but the costume is too intimidating form me!

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by megalomaniac001
                That is super awesome! I have wanted to do this figure, but the costume is too intimidating form me!
                Thank you! I think she is tied with my John Byrne Storm as my favorite!
                And yeah, the costume was pretty tricky. My mom did the sewing, but she got stuck several times and we had to brainstorm on how to make it work. I wasn't sure if we could the "attached halter strap cape" look but it was one of the easier parts of the costume! Adding the flesh cut-outs ended up being the hardest in regards to getting a nice fit. My mom has mad skillz and luckily she doesn't mind (too much) about how demanding I am! lol
                -Diana

Comment

• darkbros
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 3, 2012

That is AWESOME work,I am impressed out how it turned out!!
                  Great Job!!
                  Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                  https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                  "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2013

She looks fantastic! You did a beautiful job!

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

Looks great.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 13, 2016

Thank you!

I'm afraid to bring anything too pricey to Mego Meet because I want to cater to multiple price points. I base my prices on difficulty level and so this version costs a bit more than my standard stuff. I don't plan on doing another First Appearance Version unless someone pre-paid, but I do plan to bring a modern version re-rooted head. And since her hair style is much simpler than most characters, she will be on the lower end of my pricing scale.
                        -Diana

Comment

• Grimjohn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 28, 2011

Fantastic job, Diana!
                          My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢