X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • libby 1957dog
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 3, 2009

i think these guys would be right at home in the trailer :lol

great bit of marketing , maybe they could get these guys to direct the next one :lol
    for those that maybe interested here's the full thing :lol

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
      saw the trailer ,sadly as i feared it carries over the "hilarity "of the two where was thor during civil war shorts
      so sadly im disappointed ,

chris hemsworth seems like a top bloke and id imagine a blast to go for a beer with ,but to me hes done too many skits in other media with the thor persona ,and that carries over and renders his thor as too clownish ,

i like funny but the hammer having its own high chair and food ,too infantile to be funny for me im afraid ,and make it hard to take thor seriously

hes the thunder god ,
      the son of odin

not some infantile jock in a 80s comedy

but that said im sure ill find some things to enjoy about the movie ,i love the kirby influences

not seen any recent star wars movies ,but anyone here better informed think with this direction for thor and the gotg flicks they are opening the doors to a marvel star war cross over or shared universe ?
      The thing though is that the Norse mythology Thor...he is those things and more...a self-absorbed, childish, temperental dude, disobeying Odin, etc,...not that much different than his comic book counterpart.
      sigpic

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Batman watches the Thor Ragnorok trailer...

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

^^ nice.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

That was a hoot. Whomever threw that together did a really nice splicing job.

I imagine the suits at WB are a little worried at this point since the THOR trailer seems to be getting pretty good word of mouth (better than either of the previous two, from what I hear). WB probably saw Thor as a weak spot in MARVEL'S armor they could take advantage of. Little did they realize that sometimes the third try is the best one. I predict that RAGNAROK will own it's opening weekend and likely the weekend following, as well, since I see nothing huge opening. The weekend showdown between THOR and JL will be interesting to see, but JL will likely win it's own opening weekend thanks to a lot of kids already starting fall and Thanksgiving breaks, but I certainly don't see a bloodbath and I'm fairly certain that, if Thor gets decent word of mouth from viewing audiences, it will be a close race between the two of them, perhaps giving us the most well-defined line of demarcation between MARVEL and DC fans cinematically speaking.
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
              The thing though is that the Norse mythology Thor...he is those things and more...a self-absorbed, childish, temperental dude, disobeying Odin, etc,...not that much different than his comic book counterpart.
              Plus at times,he came off as an idiot. Don't think comic or movie Thor have yet.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

True dat...
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I could be wrong, but doesn't this Thor flick have that 80s Flash Gordon vibe going on?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

The new Thor movie is obviously heavily influenced by Guardians of the Galaxy too...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Check out the reaction from these two, hilarious...

Warning...questionable language...

"You put zeppelin in there, you automatically bump that shlat up ten notches"...

Last edited by Hector; Apr 13, '17, 2:06 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^The Batfleck reaction trailer was hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

WB has to be squirming a bit. The weakest Marvel franchise just dropped a winning trailer that has nearly everyone...even those who wrote these films off, really pumped to see this. Meanwhile the Justice League trailer, the first look at the centerpiece of their shared universe got the response "hey it looks lighter than BvS...so that's something, right?". People in general still seem more legitimately excited by Wonder Woman's film.

I actually hope JL IS lighter and more enjoyable, but I'd much rather see the color palette and tone of Ragnorok applied to the DCU, and we can leave Snyder-vision behind.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the trailer was viewed 136 million times in the first 24 hours shattering the record for a trailer viewing for Disney, by surpassing the views for both Beauty & the Beast and The Force Awakens.

http://movieweb.com/thor-ragnarok-tr...marvel-disney/

though speculation is, it will hold the record only until Satr Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi's trailer hits as part of Star Wars Celebration.
                          -M
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by MRP
                            According to the Hollywood Reporter, the trailer was viewed 136 million times in the first 24 hours shattering the record for a trailer viewing for Disney, by surpassing the views for both Beauty & the Beast and The Force Awakens.

http://movieweb.com/thor-ragnarok-tr...marvel-disney/

though speculation is, it will hold the record only until Satr Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi's trailer hits as part of Star Wars Celebration.
                            -M
                            I'd say those are pretty damn good numbers for the third movie in a franchise that has not been one of the MCUs strongest players to date. I really think the humour, Zeppelin, the quirky GOTG vibe and the hotter than hell Hela made people go back and watch it over and over and then tell their friends about it. Personally, I've watched it about 12 times now myself! LOL!
                            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^I had forgotten Kate Blanchett was cast as Hela. While I've always found her somewhat strangely attractive, I've never found her moreso...and I'm usually not a "goth" guy.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Kate Blanchet is gorgeous...I have always been a fan...and great, great actress...the younger version of Meryl Streep in fact.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎