Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Re-Rooter
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 13, 2016

I hope this trailer is indicative of the actual film. I've seen a bunch of epic trailers that end up being completely different (Sucker Punch comes to mind, that was so crazy disappointing).
    Wow, Planet Hulk! That is a storyline I never thought I would see onscreen! I like when movies at least take a LITTLE inspiration from actual story lines. Except X-men 3, that don't count.
    Whose idea was it to add Jeff Goldblum into the MU? I am a snob and personally don't feel like he deserves it. Who the Hell would buy an action figure of him?!

-Diana

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^They sold a lot of Jurassic Park action figures back in the day.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by The Re-Rooter
        I hope this trailer is indicative of the actual film. I've seen a bunch of epic trailers that end up being completely different (Sucker Punch comes to mind, that was so crazy disappointing).
        Wow, Planet Hulk! That is a storyline I never thought I would see onscreen! I like when movies at least take a LITTLE inspiration from actual story lines. Except X-men 3, that don't count.
        Whose idea was it to add Jeff Goldblum into the MU? I am a snob and personally don't feel like he deserves it. Who the Hell would buy an action figure of him?!

-Diana
        I love Jeff Goldblum. he is always a lot of fun. this movies looks awesome. the first two were decent but not great. this one looks to have fixed the series and added a lot of fun to it. can't wait!

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 13, 2016

I usually have a good argument to support my opinion, but when it comes to Jeff Goldblum... I don't.
          I've seen the original Jurassic Park at least 3 dozen times so it doesn't stop me from watching a movie he is in, but something about him has always annoyed me, I don't even know why. It might be his facial structure. Long before re-rooting I would draw, mostly people. And when someone has something "off" about the structure of their face, it really bothers me. Wow, that made me sound super stuck-up, especially since I have a crazy asymmetrical face.

And Chris, I looked it up, the Malcolm figure came with a really cool gun, which is probably why kids wanted him.
          https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...11852d36ba.jpg

hahahaha! Sorry for being so off-topic. Jeff Goldblum was REALLY distracting in the trailer, looks like someone from the Hunger Games cast.

-Diana

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Goldblum's best role was in The Fly...great performance, great movie.
            sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
              Goldblum's best role was in The Fly...great performance, great movie.
              Dead up right, amigo!
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Any word or Sam Neill's role? He's listed in the cast om IMDB.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I've liked Goldblum ever since he played Ichabod Crane on that TV productions of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

Russell and Goldblum have been favorites for life.

With Jeff, it started with the series Tenspeed and Brownshoe and a TV movie called Threshold. Next to The Fly, Goldblum's best performance is Mister Frost.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

As I've mentioned, Goldblum's favorite role for me was as Seth Brundle in THE FLY, a definite sort of mad scientist minus the wild, fuzzy hair. Prior to that, however, was his role as New Jersey in BUCKAROO BONZAI, a movie which sort of, to me, really cemented his love of playing quirky characters (probably where he also likely perfected what I call "The Goldblum Strut," which is just sort of the way he walks). His portrayal as Ian Malcolm was one of my favorite part of JP and TLW: JP. I also liked him a lot as Hatch Harrison in HIDEAWAY.

A good number of his roles have involved him playing offbeat and/or quirky characters and, seeings as how he's playing The Grandmaster, brother to a somewhat eccentric and quirky Collector, I have no issue with him joining the MCU. I think he'll make a fine addition.
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Still would have loved to have seen Goldblum as The Scarecrow in any Batflick.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                          Still would have loved to have seen Goldblum as The Scarecrow in any Batflick.
                          Now THAT is a fitting role!

-Diana

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Goldblum was also the best thing about the first Independence Day...sorry Will Smith...
                            sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

Goldblum circled Scarecrow during the transition from Shumacher to Aronofsky to Nolan. That's pretty much how Scarecrow ended up in Begins, much like how Vulture is the villain for the new Spidey. It allows studios to either write off earlier development costs or provide a new team their start point.

Goldblum was almost Banner for Incredible Hulk and Avengers.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 3, 2009

saw the trailer ,sadly as i feared it carries over the "hilarity "of the two where was thor during civil war shorts
                                so sadly im disappointed ,

chris hemsworth seems like a top bloke and id imagine a blast to go for a beer with ,but to me hes done too many skits in other media with the thor persona ,and that carries over and renders his thor as too clownish ,

i like funny but the hammer having its own high chair and food ,too infantile to be funny for me im afraid ,and make it hard to take thor seriously

hes the thunder god ,
                                the son of odin

not some infantile jock in a 80s comedy

but that said im sure ill find some things to enjoy about the movie ,i love the kirby influences

not seen any recent star wars movies ,but anyone here better informed think with this direction for thor and the gotg flicks they are opening the doors to a marvel star war cross over or shared universe ?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎