X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trekercollecter
    Museum Patron
    • May 22, 2008

Speaking of T1 and T2?

In your opinion, which is more valuable and rare the T1 or the T2 body? On the flip side of that which WGSH Superman and Spiderman is the rarest and most valuable? I am doing a comparison chart on my Megos to see which I should keep and which to sell. My truck was totaled by a drunk driver and he had no freaking insurance. My insurance is being a real turd about the whole thing as well. Thanks bunches friends! TC.
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

T1 is by far the rarer of the 2 body types. As a kid, I preferred the more heroic T2 body, but as an adult collector, there's just something about the T1 that hits my nostalgic button.
    As far as rarity goes, a T1 Superman in a stirrup suit with skinny boots and large "S" emblem would be the rarest. For Spidey, it's definitely the T1 "diamond circle suit" variant. For T2 bodies, I'd guess a Superman with a vinyl cape (if that was ever a variant produced, I don't recall), and for Spider-Man I would guess a "sewn-on sleeves" variant.

Comment

• trekercollecter
      Museum Patron
      • May 22, 2008

Thanks for the input friend. TC.

Comment

• Fener
        • Sep 3, 2014

T1 is a lot rarer than T2 but the rarest mego 8" body is the T0.
        WANTED (original not repro): Riddler belt, western guns (3). Matt Mason astronaut helmets (2).

Comment

• comicmike
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by warlock664
          T1 is by far the rarer of the 2 body types. As a kid, I preferred the more heroic T2 body, but as an adult collector, there's just something about the T1 that hits my nostalgic button...
          Well said: I have to agree with you there!!

Comment

• SWCWorld
            Museum Patron
            • Aug 10, 2011

I agree with the above posts. As a kid, all of the Megos I purchased (or rather, my Mom purchased for me) at the local TG&Y were T1 bodies. I have also owned a few T2 bodies over the years (i.e. 2nd series POTA figures), and my experience has been the T2 bodies over time have joint/pin problems in the legs/knees, but I have never had a T1 body crack or fail. I've always felt they were more sturdy.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎