Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

I can't stop staring at the figure. That *is* Batman. From the perfect shade of gold for his symbol and belt, to the scallops on the cape, to the cowl that looks so perfectly fitted it is hard to believe it could be removable... it is like a comic book come to life. Just outstanding.

The picture above hides his hands, though. How did you do the gloves?

Comment

• darklord1967
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
      I can't stop staring at the figure. That *is* Batman. From the perfect shade of gold for his symbol and belt, to the scallops on the cape, to the cowl that looks so perfectly fitted it is hard to believe it could be removable... it is like a comic book come to life. Just outstanding.

Oh trust me, that cowl IS removable. I sure worked on it long enough to make sure it is! It is very snug, but definitely removable. As for the gauntlets, keep your eyes on the thread over in the WIP section over the next several days. I will be posting photos of how they were made over there. I think you'll like them a lot.
      I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

cant wait to see this at MM

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by darklord1967
          Oh trust me, that cowl IS removable. I sure worked on it long enough to make sure it is! It is very snug, but definitely removable. As for the gauntlets, keep your eyes on the thread over in the WIP section over the next several days. I will be posting photos of how they were made over there. I think you'll like them a lot.
          I truly appreciate your posts where you have shown the step by step with the pics and details of what you are doing. As much as I find the internet to be exhausting and combative and any number of other things that wear on me, people who take the time to show and share like you are doing with your projects reminds me that the communal and collaborate good parts of the internet make it worth while. So, thank you for taking the time and effort to share your projects with us. It's all very interesting and fun to follow.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by darklord1967
            Blue Meanie: I first met Roberto at the Farmingdale, NY collecibles toy shop “The Land of Ooze and Ahs” way back in the year 2000! I was carrying with me the preliminary parts I had just created for the custom Mego-scaled ’66 Batmobile I’m building. Roberto’s enthusiasm for my project was so infectious that it made quite the impression on me. His excitement and cheer on that single afternoon for what I was trying to accomplish was a motivational shot in the arm that has stayed with me throughout all these years… even through the tough times.
            Thanks...but really your vision is really what kept you going. Along the way it was just a nudge to keep true to what you saw being the BEST version of how Batman should be represented. I remember also in the first meeting we had that you already had the planned "shoe lace" design you wanted for Robin's top/shirt being more detailed than what Captain Action/Action Boy had with their version of Robin. You also brought your Commissioner Gordon that was light years ahead of what others were trying to make. You had it in you...just needed a little nudge to keep it going. The Batmobile was the thing that "set it off" so to speak. All the plans you had to light it up with all the bells and whistles. I can't wait til the Meet to see this figure in person and hopefully either going home with one or being put on the list for one when the edition run is done.

Comment

• Capt_Amego
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 7, 2012

Awesome work!
              This is a mad house, A MAD HOUSE!!

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

Your table is going to be crowded.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• binkystarr
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Apr 16, 2015

Wow, this is incredible work!
                  I love him, great design,detail and it just screams,"Batman!!!!!!!!!!" Bravo on your work!

Comment

• Type3Toys
                    Home Of The Type3 Body
                    • Jan 18, 2005

Beautiful! Wish I could attend to see the whole line!
                    LOOK
                    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• darklord1967
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel

Here is a look at The Batman's finished leathery gauntlets:

Full, natural, 2-point MEGO wrist articulation is preserved by my gauntlet design.

Here is the gauntlet holding on to the final Bat-A-Rang accessory (prior to painting) that I have prepared for this custom figure. The Bat-A Rang accessory pictured here was a parts-bin acquisition that originated as a model kit part, I believe.

My Bat-a-rang is considerably larger than the FTC accessory, and I even performed some minor re-shaping of the weapon's contour with my Dremel rotary tool to make it more dangerous and imposing- looking than its FTC counterpart.

The thread over in the WIP section explains my thought process and assembly of these gauntlets.
                      Last edited by darklord1967; Apr 28, '17, 3:21 PM.
                      I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• Dr.Mind
                        • Jan 1, 2010

Beautiful beautiful figure!!
                        'That which makes us dream, sets us free...'

Comment

• comicmike
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 22, 2009

I never, *Ever* tire of admiring Roberto's flawless designs.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                            Mego obsessed!!!
                            • Jul 20, 2010

SOOOOO BAD ***!!!
                            Especially in person!
                            Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• William Vafai
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Oct 14, 2017

Wow! Great job!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Great job, really cool and shows what can be done in this scale.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎