Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Very nice, small but cool. Get a small school of tiny Neon Tetra fish, they will keep the theme in perpetual movement...I'd said about half a dozen or so...

I had two red belly piranhas for 13 years, Pancho Villa and Emiliano Zapata, until they died of natural causes. Sorry goldfish lovers...but many gave up their lives in order to keep my killers happy. I also used to feed them ham, hot dogs...even pieces of sirloin steak. I have pictures of them somewhere in my basement...we are talking late 80s, early 90s...before Internet and iPhoto, lol.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Boy_Wonder_1978
      They get fed a little bit of everything really. Shrimp, Fish, steak, beef heart and chicken on a rare occasion. Very rarely with chicken as it can mess around with the water parameters. I give them Cichlid pellets every now and then, but they make a hell of a mess when they're passed back out again.
      I've read that Piranha are banned in the US, but if I've got it right, only in certain states. Would that be correct?
      Yes, Piranhas are banned in certain states, like California and Florida, where they could potentially reproduce in the wild hot weather. But legal in colder states. I live in California, and as you read in my previous post...I had two red bellies. Bought them underground, ha.
      sigpic

Comment

• Captain Big Trousers
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 14, 2012

This was my tank. 6'x2'x2' with discus and clown loaches.

Kept it for about 6 years, but I grew tired of watching the fish picking on each other. Seems like there was always one being hassled to death.

I wouldn't mind a tank with just 200 neon tetras in it, but I have far too many hobbies already these days.
        Even My Henchmen Think I'm Crazy.

Comment

• J.B.
          Guild Navigator
          • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Captain Big Trousers
          This was my tank. 6'x2'x2' with discus and clown loaches.

Kept it for about 6 years, but I grew tired of watching the fish picking on each other. Seems like there was always one being hassled to death.

I wouldn't mind a tank with just 200 neon tetras in it, but I have far too many hobbies already these days.
          What a nice set-up. Clown Loaches can be a handful. Those Discus look absolutely gorgeous.
          You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎