X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Which Comics are on your want list?

I've spent idk at least $200 on back issues the last month so I think I will cool off until I see a lot I can't resist.
    But these would be my choices.

• MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

I usually only snag back issues when I go to a con, or if I take a day trip to a new comic shop I have never been to before (usually a dealer I met at a con who has a shop I've never visited before), I don't usually do mail order of any sort unless something at a Lonestar auction catches my eye and foes for a good price (usually prints and portfolios or original art rather than actual comics). I picked up one of my grails at the last show I was at (a copy of Savage Tales #1) and I don't think I am doing a show until late May, so not likely to get anything soon, but I need about 8-10 issues of Savage Sword of Conan to finish my run, and I am working on Kubert's Tarzan, Kirby's Kamandi, and Flash Gordon and Phantom comics from Gold Key/Charlton/King, so these are the priorities on my want list. There's some other stuff I will pick up if I see it, but those are the stuff I am primarily seeking.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Well my comic book kick is over. I just don't have the desire to keep looking for back issues. My last pick up s-l400 (1).jpg

Those 1972 marvel box covers really hit the sweet spot for me. Colan's run on DD is top notch.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
        Career Member
        • Jun 8, 2015

As I'm gearing up for Wizard World, I am gonna be on the hunt for

Tales of the Unexpected (Space Ranger run)

House of Mystery ( Martian Manhunter run)

Strange Adventures ( Captain Comet run)

Car 54 where are you

Mister Ed

Hogans Heroes

ALVIN

and

Mystery in Space (Space Ranger & Ultraa the Multi Alien runs)

YIKES!!!

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Aside from finishing up Savage Sword of Conan (4 issues), Heavy Metal from 1977-1981 (1 issues) and Epic Illustrated (3 issues) the 2 things I am most looking for are:

Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein graphic album

Philippe Druillet's Elric adaptation (eithe rin original French or an English translation if I can find one)

After that, I'd like to track down soem of Moebius (Jean Giraud's) Lt. Blueberry collections.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• VintageMike
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 16, 2004

Don't have my list in front of me. While there's a bunch of stuff on it, for the "core" of the list is somehting like this. Some are readily available but the cash to buy them isn't always.

Batman 232,357

Green Lantern/Green Arrow #76, #77. #89

Marvel Premiere #15, #16

Iron Fist #1

Amazing Spider-Man, #1, #2, #3, #6

Uncanny X-Men #94, #266

Avengers #4, #5, #6

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by VintageMike
              Don't have my list in front of me. While there's a bunch of stuff on it, for the "core" of the list is somehting like this. Some are readily available but the cash to buy them isn't always.

Batman 232,357

Green Lantern/Green Arrow #76, #77. #89

Marvel Premiere #15, #16

Iron Fist #1

Amazing Spider-Man, #1, #2, #3, #6

Uncanny X-Men #94, #266

Avengers #4, #5, #6
              That's some big money books, I probably could afford Batman 357 and Marvel Premiere #16.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

Well I got 2/4 of my wants back then.
                I haven't bought comics in months.
                My new top 5 wants are
                Marvel spotlight #7
                Amazing Adventures #13
                Brave Bold #89
                Teen Titans #28
                Aquaman #44

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by MRP
                  Aside from finishing up Savage Sword of Conan (4 issues), Heavy Metal from 1977-1981 (1 issues) and Epic Illustrated (3 issues) the 2 things I am most looking for are:

Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein graphic album

Philippe Druillet's Elric adaptation (eithe rin original French or an English translation if I can find one)

After that, I'd like to track down some of Moebius (Jean Giraud's) Lt. Blueberry collections.

-M
                  End of the year update-well, I completed Savage Sword, and got the one Heavy Metal. Didn't get any of the Epic Illustrated, but did get a (signed) copy of Wrightson's Frankenstein and one of the Blueberry albums. No luck on the Druillet Elric yet.

For 2019, at least the early part of the year, the stuff I am working on as I got to shows and shops includes:

finishing off Howard Chaykin's American Flagg! (I only need the first issue and 2 of the standalone graphic novels

I need 2 issues of Atom & The Hawkman (43, 44)

Blazing Combat 1 (may be out of my price range though I managed to pick up 2-4 in mid-grade ranging from $5 to $15 an issue, #1 however is far pricier)

Chilling Adventures in Sorcery #1

Conan the Cimmerian 25 (I was out of comics when this series ended and I haven't been able to track down this final issue)

DNAgents 24 (it's a last issue and a DaveStevens cover, so it has been hard to find to finish off this run)

plus working on some other series I need a bit more to finish off-Dark Horse Presents, Cheval Noir, the Marvel and Slave Labor Gargoyles series for my wife, and various Charlton/Gold Key and Marvey mystery/horror books, and anything by Joe Kubert, Moebius, Druillet, Darwyn Cook, etc. that I don't have. I have also been picking up D&D related comics and just started picking up the '84 Star Trek series from DC. And I always pick up quirky 80s indy comics I don't already have when I see them.

-M

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 18, 2007

Avengers 196. First Taskmaster. Everytime I bid on this one I get torched in the last minute. I may have to except a low quality book as a place holder. This was one of the first books I had when I was collecting early on and would like to replace it. I remember thinking his character was bad *****.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎