Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legends of Tomorrow: In my book, the best DCCW show airing currently...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Legends of Tomorrow: In my book, the best DCCW show airing currently...

Yeah, Season One was not the most spectacular in the world, but Season Two (which had it's finale Tuesday night) has been, IMHO, all kinds of fun to watch with great DC Easter eggs sprinkled throughout the season.

Combining Merlyn, Darkh, Thawne and, eventually, Leonard Snart was a great combination as the "Legion of Doom." They played off each other very well, with no one ego stealing the show, but Thawne's motivation for gathering them and wanting to make off with the Spear of Destiny was pretty good stuff, easily the kind of stuff I'd like to read in a comic. By the way, those of us who were wanting to see a "live" LOD headquarters were rewarded in the next to last episode of the season "Doomworld" where the LOD had captured the Spear of Destiny and rewritten reality. Their headquarters was right there, dark and foreboding and actually pretty cool looking.

The Legends themselves this season were, again IMHO, better than in Season One. For one thing, they weren't hauling around all the luggage of Captain Hunter and his one man vendetta against Vandall Savage (although part of me thinks it could've been cool to see Savage show up as a cohort to the LOD), nor were they bogged down by the whole Hawkman/Hawkgirl mythos. Instead we got the JSA version of Vixen (who was pretty badarse) and Citizen Steele who, while corny, was still more entertaining than Hawkman. And Rory stole whatever scenes he happened to be in!

Season finale was handled very well, I thought, and sets the show up for a rollicking third season. If you haven't watched LOT, you should. It's not as dark and heavy as ARROW has gotten, nor is it as hangdog as THE FLASH has become. It's just a pretty fun show with lots of cool DC stuff I never thought I'd see on the tee vee.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

I'm a season and a half behind on Arrow, and at least three episodes behind on Flash. I find Legends fun but there's enough of a hook to keep me coming back. I needed a break from mystery identities and soap opera romance problems. I started to get worried when they went there with Vixen and Steele but so far it hasn't been that bad.

Comment

• WannabeMego
      Made in the USA
      • May 2, 2003

Supergirl and Arrow are done for me...not even a faint interest anymore...ALOT of lost potential.

Flash is on the cusp of losing me as well, but...

Legends is how it should be done...Only WB/DC Show I look forward to each week.
      Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

it's my least favorite of the bunch but the last few episodes of the season were really well done. I am tired of the season long villain formula. they need to do smaller story arcs. and I am so tired of Malcolm Merlin and Damian Dahrk.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

This season puts Legends as my favourite show of the year.

If that was a Kamandi tease for next year, I'll just plotz.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Legends is the ONLY DCCW show I watch nowadays...it's a fun show. Never got into Arrow...the Flash is getting worse and worse...and Supergirl is just plain idiotic.

But my favorite DC based show on TV is on Fox...Gotham...I LOVE that show.
            sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 15, 2009

I haven't watched any of the CW shows this season, since they decided to withhold them from Hulu this year. I believe Legends comes to either Netflix or Hulu in a couple of weeks, so even though I found Season 1 a slog, I'll give it a shot due to the JSA. Also, they jettisoned the Hawks, which was a positive move.
              I watched the first 4 or 5 Season 1 episodes of Supergirl last summer, but even though I found Benoist appealing, I couldn't get into it and haven't watched anything further. Arrow got very stale last season, so I'm not expecting to enjoy this season when it becomes available to me. I'll watch Flash just for Cisco and Harry, though I'll agree it has lost something as well.
              Last edited by warlock664; Apr 7, '17, 8:34 PM.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

You'll watch Flash just for Cisco?????????????????????????

I can't stand that 180 dude...first he's all jokes, then he's got a major stick up his arze...good grief...I wished a Walker would just eat his friggin face off...

sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
                  You'll watch Flash just for Cisco?????????????????????????

I can't stand that 180 dude...first he's all jokes, then he's got a major stick up his arze...good grief...I wished a Walker would just eat his friggin face off...

Well, to be fair, I haven't seen the show at all this season, so if his personality has changed drastically, I retract my earlier statement!
                  I do agree with you, Hector, that Gotham is much more enjoyable than any of the CW shows.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by warlock664
                    Well, to be fair, I haven't seen the show at all this season, so if his personality has changed drastically, I retract my earlier statement!
                    I do agree with you, Hector, that Gotham is much more enjoyable than any of the CW shows.
                    My favorite poster is YOU!!!!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

Season 1 of Arrow was the best. Since then it has been on a downward spiral. I don't watch it now. I did watch the crossover episode.
                      Flash has been great. There are things that annoy me (Iris and Joe West, new Wells, Barry's love interest is his sister, lots of "dream sequence" do overs) - But mostly it is comic book fun! (I'm 4 or 5 episodes behind)
                      Supergirl, much like the movie has a great Supergirl (and a bad everything else). I have liked seeing Manhunter, Tornado and others come to life. (haven't watched since the crossover)
                      Legends is the one we watch regularly because Lily loves it and Eleanor likes it. It's good. Not great.

Gotham. I liked, then I didn't, then I liked. Waiting for new episodes.

DC TV no longer on air:

10. Constantine (I liked Deadman - otherwise, no. I only saw a few episodes)
                      9. Superboy
                      8. Birds of Prey
                      6. (tie) SHAZAM! (Cheesy, but an iconic piece of nostalgia -and I loved it in 75)
                      6. (tie) Smallville (great first season - and occasionally good stuff after Lana left)
                      4. (tie) Lois and Clark
                      4. (tie) Flash (Shipp)
                      3. Wonder Woman
                      1. (tie) Adventures of Superman
                      1. (tie) Batman

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Gotham starts back up on the 24th of April.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

I can't friggin wait!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Please...let Jerome FINALLY become the official Joker this season...PLEASE...

The season is going to heavily focus on Nigma totally transforming into the iconic Riddler...bout damn bloody time...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Little Bruce will be growing up fast too this season...hopefully we get little hints of teen pre-Batman, ha...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎