X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

John Sim confirms he's playing the Master again

Actually just heard a rumour that ALL of the Masters will be in an episode, then this happened. Many are suggesting that it's a "Five Masters" story.

Sure, we all knew that Michelle Gomez was returning as the Master in the next season of Doctor Who. But now we know she’s being joined by one of her former selves: none other than John Simm himself. I mean, sure, if the Doctor can bring along his past selves for adventures, why not his best friend/mortal nemesis?

Sim's Master was great casting but some of the weakest written shows of the RTD era IMO, looking forward to another go.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Interesting .....

This leaves a question, if it is a "Five Masters" story it would make me wonder if Anthony Ainley and Eric Roberts were TRUE incarnations of the Master or were they actually possessed bodies being used by the Roger Delgado's incarnation ?

When Delgado's Master (burned version mark 2) possessed Nyssa's fathers body he got younger --- Was this a regeneration ? --- and if so, why didn't he regenerate directly when he was (burned version mark 2 or even 1) ?

Sorry to ramble on but I love this kinda talk

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

In the rumour I was told, it was Sim, Gomez, Delgado (I guess just old footage) and the original incarnation of the Master, someone we've never seen before. No real mention of Ainley and nothing of Roberts. I can't imagine snubbing Ainley like that though....
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• fallensaviour
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 28, 2006

I love the idea it sounds so freaking brilliant.I mean it's been done with the dr a few times so why not the master.
        I'm really looking forward to this.I wonder if it will be master only or will various doctors show up as well?
        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Sounds like a splendid time will be guaranteed for all. It would only be logical that if different incarnations of the Doctor can meet, why not his closest friend/enemy? Should make for some good teevee....
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• mjaycox
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 16, 2008

What-- No Derek Jacobi?!
            Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

I'm not a big fan of the "Manic Masters" (which does sounds like a great band name).
              I like him to be cool, calm and calculating, not off his meds.
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎