X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by phil
    Has it been officially confirmed that the Darth Vader figure will be available individually?
    Hasbro have apparently said Vader will be released later in the year in the normal Black Series packaging, but no exact date has been given as far as I know.

Also, R5-D4 in the 40th anniversary packaging currently seems to be a GameStop exclusive.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

Thank you Bruce Banner.

Comment

• supes
        For the love of Mego's!
        • Jan 19, 2004

If he's still available I'll take him! Let me know

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• MegoMark71
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 18, 2008

The Vader is amazing. I still need to take pictures of my vintage first 12 display and the new 6 inch display. I will take some pics of the 2 Vaders side by side. The new one has a bunch of differences in Vaders outfit. It is so dead on movie accurate. I have the wave 2 set of figures on the way. I can't wait to add the Jawa, Death Star Commander , and the Sand person to my collection. I have been head over heels in love with the 6 inch line since it came out.

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

I need to get one of those display stands for my vintage SW figures. Apparently the pegs are a perfect fit, and from the pics I've seen online, the old figures look pretty nice on the new stand (and it's a cheaper option than getting a vintage stand).

Comment

• MegoMark71
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 18, 2008

It looks like series one is hitting retail really hard now. I have seen them at 2 different targets and 5 Walmarts. Also have seen the Vader with Display at several Walmarts and Toysrus. I actually picked up another r2 just yesterday. And i should have my Sandperson, Jawa, and Death Star Trooper today or tomorrow. So i will try and get some pictures taken of the vintage and new display, as well as the different Vaders.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

This is pretty cute.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Spawn67
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 14, 2009

I have been collecting them to. I went to a random GameStop yesterday and found the R5d4. Talk about luck! I picked up the Luke xwing limited edition at Star Wars Celebration. I have Ben, Luke, and Leia but can't find R2d2 or Han Solo anywhere where I live.
                  In a way it's fun searching them out around town. It reminds me when I was a kid searching different stores trying to find figures.
                  However I just might order the second set when it comes out. I might just go to Hasbro's site and order them all at once..
                  These toys are really taking off!..

Comment

• Spawn67
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 14, 2009

Does anyone know when the 2nd wave officially comes out?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Found two Lukes, a Leia and Obi-Wan at the local Wal-Mart, just sitting on a lower shelf, cardbacks down. So look high and low for these!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Wife dragged me to Wal-Mart on Friday, i found Luke, Leia and Darth Vader. She didn't like Luke or Leia, I kind of liked the Vader but not "$30plustax" like, so i'll stick to vintage. I bought a hoodie instead.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

TRU had Vader at $39.99. I put that right back on the shelf. Toy prices are out of control

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

The Vader figure is one of my favourite Black Series 6 inch releases so far. Hasbro did a great job on the sculpt for that one.
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                              The Vader figure is one of my favourite Black Series 6 inch releases so far. Hasbro did a great job on the sculpt for that one.
                              It's nice but not worth $40....not sure How toy stores can keep the ball rolling at extortion prices

Comment

• huedell
                                Museum Ball Eater
                                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Teemu
                                It's nice but not worth $40....
                                It's only that price because of the diorama packaging. It's been promised that the $20 version will be available soon.

Originally posted by Teemu
                                .not sure How toy stores can keep the ball rolling at extortion prices
                                The original trilogy BS figures and some of the prequel BS figures (barring flukes here or there) go like hotcakes.

Taken simply as 6 inch scale figures, these are probably too expensive at $20.

However, the very high secondary market prices for these are proof that these figures aren't only a home-run... they are a grand SLAM.
                                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎