Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Episode of Star Trek Continues is INCREDIBLE!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Hector
    Noble idea...and I appreciate and dig the look...but that's some downright awful acting...
    I personally love the acting. Vic has Kirk down, and not in a mocking way, either. Chris Doohan has his dad down pat. And all of the others bring their own interpretation of these iconic characters. There are times when it feels like I'm watching the original Star Trek. No other fan film comes close.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

The only acting I didn't care for on this episode was the guest girl --- Her acting ability was high school play quality at best.

The rest were their usual spot on selves -- even though sometimes I cringe at Bones's acting.

For this past story it was really good and almost gave me a tear in an eye.

Side note -- love how the ship CGI is slightly soft to give an original series quality feel ... Wish CBS would have done this on the remasters instead of computer game quality

Comment

• Allie Fox
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 1, 2009

Vic Mignogla has Shatner/Kirk down perfectly and is certainly the best of the cast. There is a pretty steep drop-off after him but convincing nevertheless. The production quality is amazing and it feels like this was produced in the 60s. I watched a behind the scenes video where Vic gives a tour of the sets and you can see and hear how proud he is of what he and the crew have accomplished.

I see where Vic has decided to cut down the number of episodes from 13 to 11 and that they have already wrapped on the series. I look forward to seeing the end of the five year mission and the return of Enterprise to Earth.
        If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
          Noble idea...and I appreciate and dig the look...but that's some downright awful acting...
          Agreed! Couldn't stand to even watch it.
          sigpic

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 15, 2010

I enjoyed the new episode. Looking forward to more.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎