• Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Name a toy only you seem to remember.

I'll start.

Smooshees. I had the cat.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Baby Catch A Ball from Deluxe Reading, 1969. This was the first doll I clearly remember asking for after seeing the commercial on TV when I was 3. When you could get it to work right, she actually played catch w/ you.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

I sort of remember a small bathtub powerboat toy that was wound up, or battery powered.
      JediJaida

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Hmmm,

Mid 70's --- Red short ski's that were marketed toward kids.

Were really short, like maybe a foot and a half long... came with telescoping ski poles.

For a short time they were really popular around my neck of the woods.

Concept looks good on paper, but in practice it was almost impossible not to fall down because of the very short ski's making you lose your balance often.

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

I can barely remember it.

There was a toy vehicle from Canada that was somewhat of a remote control but I think it was a wired control.

I think it had two gold claws and either had treads or tires, or a combination of both.

It did have a canopy, though. It could be used with 3 3/4 figures.

I might be the only one to remember it a little.....

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Does anybody else remember matches? I used to love playing with those!

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Whopper Choppers. These were three wheeled motorcycles that fit Mego's. We had blue and red ones.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• SKotK
                Career Member
                • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                Does anybody else remember matches? I used to love playing with those!
                Hahaha!! Yeah, matches were such a fun toy. And gasoline, if you could get your hands on that.

It's a wonder I lived through childhood.

BTW, Klosterheim...was the vehicle you're thinking of a Big Trak? It had treads and was programmable. It also had an optional trailer/canopy thing, and was 3-3/4" figure-sized (though it didn't have a cockpit). No gold claws that I recall, though:

Big Trak.jpg

--SKot
                Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by SKotK
                  Hahaha!! Yeah, matches were such a fun toy. And gasoline, if you could get your hands on that.

It's a wonder I lived through childhood.

BTW, Klosterheim...was the vehicle you're thinking of a Big Trak? It had treads and was programmable. It also had an optional trailer/canopy thing, and was 3-3/4" figure-sized (though it didn't have a cockpit). No gold claws that I recall, though:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20474[/ATTACH]

--SKot
                  Loved Big Trak. MY neighbor had it, but I never got one (our mom's worked together on the assembly line at the Milton Bradley plant near Springfield, MA that Christmas, he got the Big Trak, I got the Starbird, which I loved as well), though I did get to play with his when we were hanging out.

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Klosterheim
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by SKotK

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20474[/ATTACH]

--SKot
                    No, sorry SKot. The toy vehicle may have been a very limited production.

It was probably a little closer to the design of the 1986 G.I. Joe H.A.V.O.C., but more dark colors, with black and a little gold.

http://gijoe.wikia.com/wiki/H.A.V.O.C.

Comment

• SuperFriend2017
                      • Feb 27, 2017

I used to have these plastic shields that superhero printed like capt, spidey and I think supes but not sure. I had the capt and spidey I do know. They had those tri-wing circular plastic spinners that you clipped on the end of the handle and pulled the cord and they would launch and fly at each other. I really loved those. I know there is a pic of me and my neighborhood pals playing with them somewhere and when I find it I will post it. I also loved splash darts in the summer which fortunately I still have. Thanks Mom. RIP.

Davis

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎