• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

EMCE to make DC Megos!

From the press release:

EMCE Toys to release retro 8 inch action figures based on the DC license.

They're back! EMCE Toys announces a new line of 8 inch action figures based on the DC license. Reminiscent of the action figures first released in 1977-1978 by the Mego Toy Company, these figures will have retro cloth clothing, 16 points of articulation, and accessories.

Paul Clarke (aka Dr. Mego, as he is known in the action figure community) told reporters, "Back in the 1970s, Mego licensed all the hottest properties of the day: superheroes, Star Trek, Planet of the Apes, Happy Days, CHIPs... even the Waltons. We at EMCE would really like to continue that proud tradition. Unfortunately, our friends at Figures Toy Company had already locked up so many of the big licenses. But today, I am proud to announce we have secured the rights to produce our own line of 8 inch DC figures. Yes, you heard correctly, our new line of figures will be based on the characters of Washington DC. FTC tried to monopolize the 8 inch market, but I found a way to make DC Megos! They may not be as iconic as the ones from DC Comics, but there are still plenty of great choices for our own DC line. In fact, the first figure released will be President Donald Trump. What!?!? FTC is doing a Trump figure too... are you sh*%@ing me!!!" The phase 1 assortment will include disgraced mayor Marion Barry, Redskins owner Dan Snyder, and the Washington Monument.

In an if-you-can't-beat-them-join-them move, the figures are expected to feature comically oversized rotocast heads. "The public has spoken with their wallets," Clarke explained, "and apparently they like their action figures with gigantic melons. Our motto was, if it doesn't look like the lovechild of Charlie Brown and Peyton Manning, then go bigger."

These figures will be available soon wherever you buy action figures (in other words, online only).
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I see what you did there ;-).
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• greensavage2000
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 9, 2013

I haven't got on the internet hardly today and I admit when I read the topic of this thread you got me.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

No DC Cab??
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

I can't wait to get a Trump Mego! His head will be YUGE...but he will use teen hands. ; )

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
            I can't wait to get a Trump Mego! His head will be YUGE...but he will use teen hands. ; )
            You're my Hero of the Day.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 13, 2016

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Oh lawd, for a minute there, I actually thought this was a serious post!

It was certainly messed up, and I loved it.
                JediJaida

Comment

• batdan
                  • Feb 12, 2017

Great-"You make the the figures and get FTC to pay for them"!

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

I can't wait for the Trump vs. Superman 2-pack!

Trump's worst nightmare...an undocumented alien with super powers who is also a reporter.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

I can't wait for the Trump vs. Superman 2-pack!

Trump's worst nightmare...an undocumented alien with super powers who is also a reporter.
                      Lol. I thought you were going to go with "stands for truth, justice, and the American way"...

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎