Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sideshow Spock
    valar morghulis
    • Mar 8, 2005

Toward the end of the battle, when the Dothraki said to Tyrion , "Your people can not fight", I had to disagree.. the Lannisters were outnumbered but they did better than I thought they would.. not counting getting incinerated, of course.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

Love this.. if GoT was a 1990's syndicated show, check your local listings

Comment

• Brazoo
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 14, 2009

This whole season feels like we're on the fun part of a roller coaster now. I'm looking forward to finally seeing what Little Finger's demented long-con is.

Anyone else think it's interesting that each episode seems to really hammer in the question of Daenerys' benevolence? I mean, there's been TONS of hinting in the previous seasons, and obviously just her family history alludes to some possible issues with Daenerys, but each ep. this season seems to have a "what if she turns out to be evil" moment that the writers REALLY want us to notice.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i think they are moving all the players into position for the final war against the dead, all of which will take place next season. this shows just gets better and better

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
            valar morghulis
            • Mar 8, 2005

It certainly feels like a different show, not sure it's really a better one. I pretty much agree with that this article is saying:

..just seems like there's so much happening all at once, all these characters that were separated for many seasons with their own storylines, now pouring quickly together.. some of it feels flat, like it deserves more. But no time now to really develop it.

One scene that I didn't really get from this last ep - when Jon makes his connection with Drogon, Dany dismounts and barely even acts surprised at what she just witnessed. I thought she would be stunned to see such one of her "children" bonding with another like that. Just didn't feel right to me.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Next week: The Magnificent Seven vs the White Walkers.

I expect a few to die for sure...
              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

rumor is that Gendry dies

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock

One scene that I didn't really get from this last ep - when Jon makes his connection with Drogon, Dany dismounts and barely even acts surprised at what she just witnessed. I thought she would be stunned to see such one of her "children" bonding with another like that. Just didn't feel right to me.

Yeah, I thought she'd act more surprised, too.
                  Well, I guess they're all going to be pretty surprised when they discover Jon's true lineage. Except for Drogon of course, who clearly already knows.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                    valar morghulis
                    • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                    Yeah, I thought she'd act more surprised, too.
                    Well, I guess they're all going to be pretty surprised when they discover Jon's true lineage. Except for Drogon of course, who clearly already knows.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

I agree with the fast pace not allowing for the appropriate dramatic weight. Case in point: Theon shows up at Dragonstone and then... um... maybe they use his boat? I'm not sure what the point was there. They are so busy getting the players in place, they are trampling over some potentially great moments.

I understand they are trying to show more spectacular scenes involving dragons and white walkers and other things that require massive amounts of CGI... and that may necessitate a shorter season to support that. Those big moments certainly have been great. But the show has always been character driven, first and foremost. I wish they had more time to explore those.

The series seems to be building to a final season where petty political machinations are set aside for dragons to battle white walkers... and that seems so contrary to the spirit of everything in the show leading up to this. Martin has always tried to avoid high fantasy tropes, or to somehow subvert them. The show seems to be embracing them. Unless maybe they join up to fight off the white walkers... but while they are off to war, Littlefinger takes control and has Jon and Dany and Cersei and Arya and everyone else killed on their return... I guess I could buy some final fakeout like that.

Still happy to be along for the ride, though.

Oh... and I thought Dany seemed surprised by Jon with Drogon. Actually, I thought she gave Jon a look like she took a double dose of "fermented crab"... if you know what I mean.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                        valar morghulis
                        • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by sprytel
                        I agree with the fast pace not allowing for the appropriate dramatic weight. Case in point: Theon shows up at Dragonstone and then... um... maybe they use his boat? I'm not sure what the point was there.
                        I was hoping to see more interaction with Jon and Theon this episode, but nada.

Jon greets/grabs him in E4, Theon asks where Dany went, and poof! Theon disappears.

Comment

• toothaction
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by sprytel
                          Oh... and I thought Dany seemed surprised by Jon with Drogon. Actually, I thought she gave Jon a look like she took a double dose of "fermented crab"... if you know what I mean.
                          This! Seemed clear to me at the time, what with the facial expressions and the way that the scene was cut, that a certain dampness was forming.
                          >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

HBO España and HBO Nordic accidentally broadcast the next episode a few days early... apparently it was up for about an hour before being taken down, but it's already been shared. Just watched it. Rather distraught at certain events in the episode.
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

In the words of the great philosopher:

Comment

• Brazoo
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                                Rather distraught at certain events in the episode.
                                Yup - exactly how I felt.

SPOILERS:

Here's one nobody can answer for me - how long was the A-Team suppose to be sitting around on that rock? Previous to this season the show seemed to really care about establishing time, and now some of the main characters are in an event and we don't know if they were there hours or days or what. And that's just one odd thing about the last ep, but it really bugged me.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎