Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

He looks young-ish, which I think they gotta be going after.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

From what I've read from various sources, there are already a lot of WHO fans who are not delighted with this guy if he is, indeed, the one chosen to replace Capaldi. For one thing, Capaldi, IMHO, has made SUCH an indelible impression as The Doctor that it's going to be hard for anyone to follow him (just as I'm sure people said regarding Matt Smith replacing David Tennant). Many are saying this guy doesn't have much in the way of acting chops, something which I personally cannot believe that either the BBC or Chris Chibnall would want to risk seeings as how they're basically using this as a "clean slate" for the characters and the show. Perhaps he's just a smokescreen, a false lead to get people to look the other way so they can really cast someone and have it be a surprise. I'd go for that...
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I think the BBC is missing the days of the girls swooning over Tennant and Smith and want to try and recapture some of that lost revenue.

I know at least 4 female DW watchers that have stopped watching when Capaldi took over.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

That guy looks like a supporting actor...I got it...British Peter MacNicol.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

He's quite well-known in the UK (from sitcom My Family) to detective show Death in Paradise.
            Decent actor, but I really have had my fill of younger actors in the part. Tennant and Smith did a great job, I loved their performance (had to get used to Smith a bit), but to me Capaldi is just right for the part, and I enjoy it more if the actor is a bit older.
            I know, I'm not part of the 15-year-old girl demographic who wants to stare dreamy-eyed at a young man.
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

He's older than Tom Baker was and he's nine years older than Tennent was in the part.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I would rather they get an unknown.

I think one of the reasons I could never get used to Capaldi was I keep imagining him as the ******* bureaucrat in Children of Earth

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mikey

I think one of the reasons I could never get used to Capaldi was I keep imagining him as the ******* bureaucrat in Children of Earth
                  So you can't see actors outside of other roles?

Comment

• DC_Guy
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Sep 18, 2008

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                    I know, I'm not part of the 15-year-old girl demographic who wants to stare dreamy-eyed at a young man.
                    And god bless you for that!

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
                      So you can't see actors outside of other roles?
                      Yes and no.

Yes, if it's a generic actor I've seen everywhere, no trying to imagine someone like Hal Linden as anybody else except Barner Miller

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Mikey
                        Yes and no.

Yes, if it's a generic actor I've seen everywhere, no trying to imagine someone like Hal Linden as anybody else except Barner Miller
                        Han Solo as an *archaeologist*? Preposterous!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

It's been a while since we've had any conjecturing on who will be taking up the mantle of Doctor Who, but I did have a thought last night at work that, while likely isn't so, is still fun to think about. I'm a longtime watcher of SUPERNATURAL and Mark A. Sheppard,

who has played Crowley, demon and on-again off-again King of Hell, recently, wrapped the role at the end of Season Twelve (he's been on SPN for 8 seasons, the last two as a season regular). He's also previously appeared on Doctor Who in Season Six as Canton Everett Delaware III as well as in Warehouse 13, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly and several others. He's also, by and large, the "voice" of BBC America.

Sheppard has been pretty cagey about what his next project would be, posting on his Twitter feed "So to all my #spnfamily everywhere... my crew and my fellow storytellers... thanks for the ride. Time for something new. Even when I lose..." and selling tee shirts of himself with the line "Even when I lose, I win"

Wondering if, perhaps, his next role could be---The Doctor? This is casting that would make me do the happy dance!!!
                          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

That dude's dad was a pretty prolific actor, I think they played the same guy on Who.

Comment

• Allie Fox
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 1, 2009

What is Russell Brand doing nowadays?
                              If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• palitoy
                                • Jun 16, 2001

There are a lot of names being bandied about that are people i like, especially Richard Aoyade but I don't know if they have the range. Capaldi really set a nice high bar for the Doctor this time in terms of dramatic moments.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎