• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

The Thirteenth Doctor could be...

Phoebe Waller-Bridge

This is, of course only hearsay and speculation, but I wouldn't have a problem with a female incarnation of The Doctor, especially if she's easy on the eyes and has some acting chops.

There are other guesses as well, including...

David Harewood, which would be pretty damn cool, but he's busy with Supergirl unless he decides he'd rather tackle a Galifreyan over a Martian

And one that would tickle me poopless and almost ensure a great fan base crossover contingent...

Anthony Stewart Head. Yeah, most Americans only know him, by and large, as Rupert Giles, but his acting creds go way beyond that and he could most assuredly play a Doctor with a darker side, if needed.

Oh, and there's a pretty good new tease for Season 10 over on the official Doctor Who Twitter page with the TARDIS pulling a stunt very reminiscent of one of the scenes from "Blink," only this time with tanks.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

To me, Anthony Stewart Head will always and forever be "the Taster's Choice guy"...

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

Only Jason Statham will do.
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Or the Rock!!
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

I'm going to love the hot take culture warfare if Dr. Who isn't a white, male, Brit. It's the perfect bookend to the Iron Fist debate.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Here's my choice

m

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

He's not a real scientist.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I'm a died in the wool feminist but I despise the female doctor concept because it's a JNT gimmick that refuses to die.

Love Missy tho....

Fielding for 13th....

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                  Permanent Member
                  • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
                  I'm a died in the wool feminist but I despise the female doctor concept because it's a JNT gimmick that refuses to die.

Love Missy tho....

Fielding for 13th....

*Dyed in the wool.

Anyway the problem with 3rd wave feminism is women ALREADY can do everything men do (in Western culture). I really see the movement doing more harm than good, but that's a topic for another day.
                  I wouldn't have a problem with Phoebe being the 13th I'm sure the idea is just being floated around and it isn't a done deal anyway.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                    *Dyed in the wool.

Anyway the problem with 3rd wave feminism is women ALREADY can do everything men do (in Western culture). I really see the movement doing more harm than good, but that's a topic for another day.
                    I wouldn't have a problem with Phoebe being the 13th I'm sure the idea is just being floated around and it isn't a done deal anyway.
                    Oh, by no means has Ms. Waller-Bridge been chosen; I was just reading on several British and UK websites that she seem to have good odds as Dr. Thirteen. That being said, let me just add that, while Doctor Who has always been played by a Caucasian UK male, I would not be opposed to having a female incarnation, although it seems most unlikely since they regenerated The Master into Missy.

Personally, after having watched "The Night of the Doctor", and having listened to several BIG FINISH audio dramas featuring Paul McCann, I would like to see The Doctor regenerate into this iteration of himself so we can get a chance to really get to know him as The Doctor,

With the Internet being what it is, I know it would be nigh impossible, but I would love for the BBC to keep The Doctor's newest incarnation under wraps and not reveal him/her until their first appearance in this year's Christmas Special.
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                      *Dyed in the wool.
                      *just don't.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Apr 2, '17, 4:42 PM.
                        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

I hope Tennant returns, and his first line is "I didn't want to go anyway"...
                          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

I want Tom Hiddleston.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by JediJaida
                              I want Tom Hiddleston.
                              Huddleston would definitely bring a whole new level of charm (and possibly smarm?) to The Doctor, but I have a feeling he's likely way beyond BBC's DW budget.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎