I think this is for CW

17554427_1550767151623032_4812183504497422067_n.jpg
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Well, damn, he got old. I always saw him as a teen.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I always viewed him as mid to late twenties personally.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Would be fun to see him reference the Outsiders and Batman.

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Originally Black Lightning was mid 20s. I think in this incarnation he's supposed to be retired as a hero with teenage daughters. The daughters have powers and he mentors them, if I read the synopsis right.
          As usual, I find the costumes on the CW shows to be overly dark & complicated. Why are there so many lines, snd seams, and pieces, and pads?

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

That suit is a little busy---and confusing. As for all the excess stuff on them, maybe they've been secretly farming out their design work to Jim Lee?
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by johnnystorm
              As usual, I find the costumes on the CW shows to be overly dark & complicated. Why are there so many lines, snd seams, and pieces, and pads?
              New 52-itis. I blame Jim Lee.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                Originally Black Lightning was mid 20s. I think in this incarnation he's supposed to be retired as a hero with teenage daughters. The daughters have powers and he mentors them, if I read the synopsis right.

So they're basically going the same way the animated short did from a few years back?

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

There's no way of saying this without sounding "Archie Bunkerish" but please realize I don't mean to offend (if it's even seeming like that to anyone???), but IMH (average comicbook educated) Opinon, I think Black Lightning, as an African-American superhero (and same goes for Luke Cage, again: IMHO) should have a more traditionally "urban bad-boy" look to him as opposed to, say Cyborg or even Falcon (who was iconically "inner-city" in origin & persona, but not necessarily as "tough" in appearance as the ultra-urban-hip-cool Cage).

All that said: I like this Black Lightning's look, as he looks "tough" no matter what age (or family situation).

Pretty cool casting IMHO.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
                    Well, damn, he got old. I always saw him as a teen.
                    Really? He started out as a married father becoming a school principal. maybe he's like Doogie Hauser and an overachiever?
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Isn't this kind of based on those DC Nation shorts from a few years back where he was older and was trying to keep his daughters Thunder and Lightning out of trouble?

I don't think it looks bad. I always liked Black Lightning well enough, so I'll give it a shot.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

^That's pretty much what I was thinking with my question. Good to know I'm not alone in that thought.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Whoops, sorry I skimmed over that. Yes, looks like they are taking their cues from those shorts.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

I think this article sums up the show so far:

Find local TV listings for your local broadcast, cable and satellite providers and watch full episodes of your favorite TV shows online.

Comment

• knight errant00
                              8 Inch Action Figure
                              • Nov 15, 2005

With the Flarrowverse shows' penchant for dressing leads in leather, I was certain we'd see this costume brought to life (which I'd have been OK with):

180px-Blpierce.jpg

I like the idea of making him older and coming out of retirement -- I knew they'd have to do something different since Arrow cribbed most of the themes from Black Lightning's Bronze Age issues i.e., the city's favorite son returning home to find the place corrupted and crime-ridden and going out at night using his athletic prowess and gizmo to set things right.

I always found the idea that the story was set in the slums of Metropolis intriguing, but I there was no way that would get to play out on the CW TV series.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎