• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

IT

http://movieweb.com/it-movie-trailer-2017-stephen-king/

I truly hope this movie is as awesome as it looks. one of my all time favorite books. scary as hell!
  • Iron Mego
    Wake Up Heavy
    • Jan 31, 2010

Looks good to me. I can tell you this, the kid actors will be a hell of a lot better than the ones from the mini-series. I'm not a big fan of the original, so I'm really looking forward to this.
    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

I thought the first part of the mini series was well done, the second half not so much. it is very dated to watch now though. plus with modern technology on the effects, they can really show Pennywise in all his evil glory

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

I have a feeling the clown profession is going to decrease seriously following this movie! LOL!
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Iron Mego
          Wake Up Heavy
          • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          I thought the first part of the mini series was well done, the second half not so much. it is very dated to watch now though. plus with modern technology on the effects, they can really show Pennywise in all his evil glory
          Totally agree, the part with the kids is much better. Curious to see how they do the end in the new one. This was one of the first books were it was apparent that King didn't always know how to pull off the finish.
          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

WOW.

I've seen just about every horror movie ever made and very little if anything scares me, but that trailer gave me the creeps and the ending flat out scared the CRAP out of me.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

I remember watching the original miniseries and being unimpressed. It did nothing for my fear factor, the way that, Salem's Lot did. Also, I'm not afraid of Clowns.

But... WOWZERS... what a good trailer! It's got a bit of the Stranger Things vibe working for it, and Pennywise is much scarier. I'm in.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Hedji
                I remember watching the original miniseries and being unimpressed. It did nothing for my fear factor, the way that, Salem's Lot did. Also, I'm not afraid of Clowns.

But... WOWZERS... what a good trailer! It's got a bit of the Stranger Things vibe working for it, and Pennywise is much scarier. I'm in.
                but you were much younger watching Salem's Lot. IT as a movie does not really translate well on TV anyway. it is a very violent and disturbing book and they just cannot show much of it on TV. I do wonder how they will handle the end scene for the kids getting out of the sewers in this movie version. even an R rated movie that can be a very controversial issue, even in this day and age

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Loved the original --- only downside was the unbelievability of a NYC size sewer in a one horse town.

Looking up to the remake -- hope they get some actor's I've heard of before (like the original did)

Comment

• great_chandel
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2, 2015

The original will be hard to beat: John Ritter, Tim Curry, Harry Anderson, Richard Masur, etc. -- tough cast to top! At least the remake is rated "R." I am sick of the watered-down PG-13......so that is a good start!

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                      This was one of the first books were it was apparent that King didn't always know how to pull off the finish.
                      Totally agree, I've been reading Stephen King books since I was around 12 years old and am a huge fan, but this was the first of his books that I really didn't care for, the ending didn't work for me at all (and became an issue with many of his books after that). For that reason I've never seen any of the adaptations of this one.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys
                        Totally agree, I've been reading Stephen King books since I was around 12 years old and am a huge fan, but this was the first of his books that I really didn't care for, the ending didn't work for me at all (and became an issue with many of his books after that). For that reason I've never seen any of the adaptations of this one.
                        It was definitely the beginning of the end for me as well. Part of it was my own changing interests, but the weird endings of It and The Tommyknockers and Needful Things (I may be wrong on that one) turned me off. Plus he was veering deeply into the world of the Dark Tower which did not interest me at all. I started reading him at about the same age as you, and had a lot of great books to dig into before It came around. Hard to beat those '70s and '80s books!

I watched the It mini-series but found it pretty tepid, and kind of silly. I know a lot of people have a sentimental attachment to the cast, but I thought they were super hammy in their roles. I think this new iteration is going to be much, much better. I'm really excited about it actually.
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Goblin19
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 2, 2002

I've never watched the miniseries, just because so many people hated the second part. This trailer looks perfect. A good 80's Spielberg type vibe, with genuine creepy moments.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I've only ever seen the second part which i thought sucked.

I'm not that into seeing this movie but I will a) Because my friend did the makeup and b)because a lot of it was filmed walking distance from where i work. It could sadly be used for any "Zombie apocolypes" movie these days...
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

I've never read the book, but hearing what's in it makes me think I won't like the movie (if they go the book way)

For one thing the girl is suppose to sleep with all the boys... That kinda turns me off right there.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎