Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've seen some stupid stuff...but this takes the cake.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

I've seen some stupid stuff...but this takes the cake.

Luckily, you can serve that cake on a beautiful floral patterned Stormtrooper.

I thought it was an April Fool's Day joke...but it's not.

flower trooper.jpg
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I gotta admit, that's pushing it. For the fan who wants to keep things classy and only has a china cabinet for display?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

It does match my mother's porcellain china set... Hmmm...

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
        It does match my mother's porcellain china set... Hmmm...
        Don't give in to it...first is a floral Stormtrooper, next it's Darth Doily

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

You could buy an expensive antique china set for the price of that Hot Toys figure to boot!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

I think KISS is in charge of their merchandising arm now...

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Probably the result of a meeting of Disney marketing executives who, on a team-building retreat, had a little too much sticky wicky along with a healthy portion of absinthe! LOL! Or, it's their clever way of trying to get your Granny's Social Security check!
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I'm waiting for the Jim Shore "quilted" Star Wars statues to show up at a Hallmark near you.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

LOL^ It could happen. Imagine a resin Lando with a quilted pattern on his cape.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

There's been a ton of tacky and questionable SW merchandise over the years. Not even close to the Jar Jar tongue candy on the cringe worthy scale.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      I'm waiting for the Jim Shore "quilted" Star Wars statues to show up at a Hallmark near you.

Chris
                      I'm actually kinda surprised it hasn't yet, but give them time. I could easily see Jim Shore versions of both STAR WARS and MARVEL characters, some of which could be kinda cool depending on the patterning. I don't buy a lot of what might considered "cutesy" collectibles, but I will admit to having a few Shore pieces which I enjoy, especially his Halloween (the holiday, not the movies) pieces.
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

I like this. I wouldn't buy it, but I've seen worse.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

There's SW toasters, pancake molds, waffle makers, cutting boards, pizza cutters, ice cube trays, mini fridges, oven mitts and on and on. Seriously, this is not a blip on my outrage meter.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• SKotK
                            Career Member
                            • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Werewolf
                            There's been a ton of tacky and questionable SW merchandise over the years. Not even close to the Jar Jar tongue candy on the cringe worthy scale.

There's SW toasters, pancake molds, waffle makers, cutting boards, pizza cutters, ice cube trays, mini fridges, oven mitts and on and on. Seriously, this is not a blip on my outrage meter.
                            As a massive Star Wars fan myself, I've tuned out most of that stuff now. The market is saturated now with the most ridiculous items that have the Star Wars name slapped on them. Do I really need Star Wars lightsaber barbeque tongs? All right, I admit, if it was the only such thing on the market I'd probably have snapped it up. But there's just so much stuff out there of this type that I don't find it exciting anymore. LUCASFILM MARKETING, PLEASE STOP OR AT LEAST SLOW DOWN.

Now, I admit it's true we haven't reached Jar Jar tongue candy scale yet, but we're close. The only difference now I think is that most of the goofy kitschy Star Wars items being produced these days are at least somewhat decent quality. It's just that there's too much of it. I think I'll just stick with the vintage stuff.

--SKot
                            Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Werewolf
                              I sold mine for $40

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎