X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetjungle75
    Career Member
    • Jan 11, 2013

Mego 12inch head removal/replacement

Perhaps a silly question, but can all the Mego 12 inch superhero figure heads, be easily removed and replaced, onto another mego 12 inch body, just like the 8 inch Mego WGSH heads can easily be removed/replaced?
  • The Re-Rooter
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 13, 2016

Short answer, yes. Are you wanting to do like a Hot Toys type body that has more joints? It's easy to remove a head but the pegs are not always compatible and sometimes you have to rig up your own. Which sounds harder than it is, I body swap a lot and its usually not a big issue.
    -Diana

Comment

• Jetjungle75
      Career Member
      • Jan 11, 2013

Originally posted by The Re-Rooter
      Short answer, yes. Are you wanting to do like a Hot Toys type body that has more joints? It's easy to remove a head but the pegs are not always compatible and sometimes you have to rig up your own. Which sounds harder than it is, I body swap a lot and its usually not a big issue.
      -Diana
      No, as not possible to fix a broken leg on my 12 inch Mego Batman, just simply want to get another 12 inch Mego body/figure, and transfer everything over, so I have a perfect figure.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by Jetjungle75
        No, as not possible to fix a broken leg on my 12 inch Mego Batman, just simply want to get another 12 inch Mego body/figure, and transfer everything over, so I have a perfect figure.

Thanks for the confirmation.
        Oh yeah, that will be fine! I don't have any 12 inch Mego Males, but the female heads pop off easier than the 8 inch. If it feels "stuck" or you just want to be really careful, steal a hair dryer from a female and blow hot air on high for like 20 seconds, it softens the plastic up so it will be easier to remove and put on a different body. In a few minutes the head will have cooled down and it will be sturdier again. If you don't have access to a blow dryer, you can use a heating pad or really hot water, but I try to avoid getting things wet unless I have to. It doesn't cause damage, but I don't like risking it and its the most annoying technique to use in the sense of materials and time. And wet lol.
        -Diana, the Re-rooter

Comment

• Jetjungle75
          Career Member
          • Jan 11, 2013

Replacing Mego 12 inch Head removal/replacement

Originally posted by The Re-Rooter
          Oh yeah, that will be fine! I don't have any 12 inch Mego Males, but the female heads pop off easier than the 8 inch. If it feels "stuck" or you just want to be really careful, steal a hair dryer from a female and blow hot air on high for like 20 seconds, it softens the plastic up so it will be easier to remove and put on a different body. In a few minutes the head will have cooled down and it will be sturdier again. If you don't have access to a blow dryer, you can use a heating pad or really hot water, but I try to avoid getting things wet unless I have to. It doesn't cause damage, but I don't like risking it and its the most annoying technique to use in the sense of materials and time. And wet lol.
          -Diana, the Re-rooter
          Many thanks once again Diana aka Re-rooter. Fabulous tips (as always).

Must admit not really into the 12 inch WGSH line, but as Batman was going for such a good deal could not resisit. Shame his left leg, below the knee was broke. It's because of this I am looking for a replacement body. The outfit, cape, boots are all in good condition. No gloves though. Must be quite common, to loose the gloves.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎