X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Nutty idea

Did any gun-nut/Trekkie ever try and make a classic phaser pistol? (meaning it actually shoots bullets? ?

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Still looking at different pistols and manufacturers to find one that is not only comfortable in my hand, but would be comfortable to shoot, as well, something I hadn't taken into account until talking to a very helpful gentleman at one of our local gun shops who has been in the business of shooting, buying, selling and even building guns from scratch for the past thirty or so years.

The one I liked a lot in his shop was a Taurus PT809 which is an automatic, but still uses a hammer to strike the firing pin. So technically, for the first shot, the hammer must be drawn back manually, but for each subsequent shot, the slide roosters and releases the hammer (I forgot what this is called in gun lingo, but those of you more well versed in the terminology probably know). I liked the fact that I could actually rooster the gun myself and that there was an external safety on it, plus it had ambidextrous mag and slide releases.

Found out that my wife's nephew is also a gun enthusiast and he's going to let me take a look at a few of his pistols and go to the firing range and fire a few shots to see how they each feel.
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        Much safer with gun in hand, than Karate in soul...
        I don't have a dog in this fight, but statistically you're more likely to be shot, around 3-5x if you own a gun versus if you don't have one. So buying a gun doesn't make you "safer", it actually makes you more likely to end up a victim of gun violence.

So you probably WOULD be safer to go learn some Karate or join a gym or whatever else to release stress.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎