X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

Into the Badlands

Binge-watched the first season this weekend on Netflix and it's fantastic. The kung-fu scenes are everything Iron Fist was not: exciting, fast, and fun to watch. I highly recommend it if you have any interest in martial arts movies.
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Yup, the martial art fight sequences in Badlands makes the Iron Fist ones look like standing statues.
    sigpic

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

I enjoyed the first season a lot myself. I didn't see the season opener, but did watch a little of tonights episode after TWD and was surprised to see Nick Frost(Shaun of the Dead) in it tonight. I didn't watch the rest, but I hope it is re-occurring.
      Last edited by drquest; Mar 27, '17, 7:51 AM.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, it's a really cool show. although since it was so long between seasons I wish they had at least done a previously on bit, before the season 2 opener.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I couldn't get into it, which is weird because it's so up my alley. I should probably give it another pass.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• starsky
            veteran member
            • Aug 26, 2007

yeah i watched season 1 and was glad to hear that they were renewed for a season 2.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 13, 2016

I binged it too! Very legit Kung-fu complete with flying. I think that is what may have been missing from Iron Fist? Badlands also does a ton of great camera angles during fight scenes which I think made a big difference.
              I had heard of the show but the title doesn't really imply anything so I didn't the first season when it was aired. If they had called it "Diesel Punk Kung Fu" I bet they would have gotten a ton more viewers. I'm excited to start on season two!
              Another question about the title, wouldn't "Out of the Badlands" make more sense given the plot?
              Diana, The Re-Rooter

Comment

• fallensaviour
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 28, 2006

Great little show.hoping to start season 2 this weekend.
                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

I liked the first season a lot. Cool visuals, great action, and a solid storyline. Looking forward to more.
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎