X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1985 Remco Toys Catalog

Remco Toys was in tenth year of being under the ownership of Azrak Hamway toys and 1985 finds them having a wonderful year of creating some memorable lines that aped the popular themes of the decade.

This fantastic catalog covers such great lines like Conan the Barbarian, The Mighty Crusaders, Zybots, Ninjas, Warlord and the Pirates of the Galaxseas just to name a few.

It's a fun trip into lower cost and rack toys items, won't you please enjoy the 1985 Remco Toys Catalog?

More Remco:

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

So Remco's answer to Care Bears and My Little Ponies were Dream Bears and...Sea Horses? I have no memory of either of those, but I love the idea.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Better than Dream Horses and Sea Bears!

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I thought the AWA wrestlers came out at the same time as Warlords

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Their Pony and Care Bears knock offs were atrocious. But their MOTU knock offs like Conan and Warlord were very nicely done. I really like those figures. Easily the best of all the MOTU knock offs.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I had Machiste and Hercules from Warlord, but could never find Warlord (Travis Morgan) himself. They mixed in great with He-Man, and Machiste provided some much needed diversity (I dropped out of MOTU before Clamp Champ).

I guess airplane rack toys from Warlord aren't as out of place as you'd think. Travis Morgan was a USAF pilot who crash-landed in Skataris, so...

I had every Mighty Crusader figure except for Buzzard. They were odd...but I still mixed them in with Super Powers and Secret Wars play.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I regret not getting Mighty Crusaders--I appreciate them a lot more now.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 25, '17, 12:19 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I loved those Warlord figures, I had several. I read the comic concurrently.
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 25, '17, 12:19 PM.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

Remco's Masters of the Universe knockoffs were as good as the real thing, IMO. I even liked their Go-bot knockoffs.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 23, 2013

Really good stuff there. I like their creatures and the figure that is similar to Captain America.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Really good stuff there. I like their creatures and the figure that is similar to Captain America.
                      Useless trivia fact: The Shield was actually the FIRST patriotic super hero and predated Captain America by a solid year. He was co-created by artist Irv Novick, who went on to draw Batman and the Flash regularly in the 70s and early 80s.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Add me to the list of Warlord fans. I had a Deimos that figured prominently in my He-Man adventures.

...Oh, and "Mantech" sounds like the name of Brick's international conglomerate.

Comment

• tay666
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 27, 2008

How have I never heard of that Remco Conan line?
                          Just checked ebay, that line is a bit pricey, (a lot more than my Hasbro Conans)
                          But I think I will start keeping my eyes open for any deals on them.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎