Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

To me it just looks like a redux of BvS, and I am guessing it will be along the same lines-a scene or two with Affleck as Batman worth seeing, the highlight will be Gadot as Wonder Woman and the rest will be 2 hours of my life I will never get back again. I watched BvS for free from the library and still felt I didn't get my money's worth, this looks to be much the same, so I will pass until the library gets it and I have a couple of hours with nothing better to do.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

It looks like they have injected some much needed humor into this. And Batman's NOT a psycho. If I just kind of forget how nuts he was in BvS and then how he changed with one mention of "MARTHA!!!" then I can like this trailer. It seems to be a step in the right direction. I did like the moments between Bats and Aquaman. It gave me a Brave and the Bold vibe just a bit.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Just saw this... It reads EXACTLY like a Snyder film. Here we have a teaser basically trying to cater to all the criticisms of the BVS debacle. They're all ribbing each other and essentially turning to the camera to say, " See!? We have a sense of humor now!'" But the environment still reads very dark. All the action sequences are either too CGI loaded or painfully dated with that slow motion action sequence that Snyder exhausted after Watchmen eight years ago. And where is the main villain? Just like BVS, by the time they probably get to the actual arch nemesis there probably won't be any time to care about a fight. Let me guess... Superman shows up to save the day. You mean he's alive?! Wow... What a revelation. Eh... until they get rid of Snyder and get some fresh blood in these projects, it just looks like more of the same.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

My biggest issue is that everything has been color corrected to death, making it all darker than it really is. So the whole movie has a teal overtone instead of some actual vibrant colors. It's all muted and grey.

It's a decent trailer though, I mean, looks like a fun little action movie. But is it a good representation of the DC universe? Not really. But say if this was generic heroes you didn't have any knowledge of? Yeah, this trailer works.

Flash's costume makes him look like a robot. Why does everyone need 50 pounds of clunky armor?

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

aqualobo?

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Wonder Woman continues to be the best thing about the current DC movieverse.

I love the derring-do of Aquaman in Batman:Brave and the Bold, so I can kind of buy into what they are doing here. I'm at least willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

On the issue of Cyborg, I don't think it is a PC thing like others have suggested. I think it is total, straight up Iron Man Envy. DC is desperate for their answer to Iron Man. Look what they did to the Atom on TV. They don't seem to get that its not the suit, it is Robert Downey Jr. If Downey played Mr. Fantastic, they would be scrambling to shoehorn Elongated Man into Justice League.

But I still think the biggest problem with this movie is Snyder. The whole thing is so stylized and extremified and CGIed out... it is like a 13 year old's idea of "cool". Actually, it is more like that pathetic thing where a 13 year old is trying way too hard to be cool. I want to pull the Justice League aside and say, "Just be yourself. People will like the real you. You don't need to wear that Gordon Gartrell shirt..."

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by enyawd72
                Hoo boy...Cyborg looks like black Iron Man, which Marvel already has covered. Aquaman...yikes. Flash...barf. Wonder Woman looked pretty good, and surprisingly so did Batman. I loved the "What's your super power again?" ..."I'm rich."
                I actually LOL'd at that, so that's a step up from BvS.

Doesn't look bad, but doesn't look great either. Looks a lot like Legends of Tomorrow to be honest...has a TV movie vibe to it.
                But Dwayne---I LIKE Legends of Tomorrow!!! This thing has a stench that makes my catboxes smell like cinnamon rolls and wildflowers---and that's before I've cleaned them.

I will agree with others that the inclusion of Cyborg is probably less the shoe-horning in of a black character (which, to sound like a broken record, could have been accomplished with MM or GL) and more definite IRON MAN envy, except Iron Man, provided it's not the version from IM3, could likely take Cyborg apart without breaking a sweat. Since Jim Lee included Cyborg in the JL reboot of the Nu52, I'm guessing the writers, producers and director chose to follow suite and use the same plot device as a way of introducing both the Mother Boxes and as an intel feed on Darkseid and his minions.

P.S. What does the teeny-tiny football scene near the end have to do with ANYTHING? I know that Victor Stone was a football player, so is the JL just going to use a bunch of football moves on Steppenwolf and the Parademons???
                Last edited by emeraldknight47; Mar 26, '17, 12:01 AM. Reason: Adding a question/comment
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by hedrap
                  The music for the trailer snips...it feels like Snyder lost and it went to the marketing company who recut Suicide Squad.

Did Snyder ever "have it?" What Hipster Hellhole did he crawl out from in the first place?

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 13, 2016

OH!
                    And as if Batfleck isn't bad enough, he's all grey at the temples like Mr. Fantastic......(it's OK in Kingdom Come cuz Mark Waid)
                    Maybe it's just my bizarre comic book crush on Batman, but his really dark hair is like a staple as far as his character is concerned.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 13, 2016

I will agree with others that the inclusion of Cyborg is probably less the shoe-horning in of a black character (which, to sound like a broken record, could have been accomplished with MM or GL)

I TOTALLY agree! Jon Stewart is actually my favorite Lantern (go away haters) and if the Justice League murders the "DC Multiverse," then they can make dozens of shows and films about the Lantern-verse (is that what it is called? OA-verse?) that can stand alone. Maybe that is Plan B?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                        Bwahahahaha!!! Come on down to Art Curry's Biker Bar & Seafood Shack! Tuesday is Alligator Wrestling night!
                        Oh, the pain! (Dr. Smith voice.) My hopes for cinematic Aquaman are dashed.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                          My biggest issue is that everything has been color corrected to death, making it all darker than it really is. So the whole movie has a teal overtone instead of some actual vibrant colors. It's all muted and grey.
                          I may come off as sounding like a Marvel fanboy, but look at how many GREAT sequences in the Marvel films are in broad daylight. Battle of New York, Airport Fight, Ultron final battle. It really has a psychological effect on the viewer that this is all for fun. You can be "Epic" and still have the sun shining.

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

Both sides are right about Cyborg's inclusion, but it starts with TAS.

Paul Dini couldn't use Hal for TAS and WB wanted him to push Raynor, which is where that composite GL on STAS came from. But with JLU, he chose Stewart for the inclusion of a black character just as he added Hawkgirl over Aquaman to have another female.

Stewart was shelved by...New 52 editorial IIRC....for Cyborg on Iron Man envy. Then WB broke GL away from JL movieverse. Aquaman changes are for the same reasons.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 3, 2009

enjoyed the trailer ,pretty sure ill enjoy the movie
                              but then again im easily pleased
                              after 50 odd years of waiting for and viewing comic book movies , there is almost always a little something in nearly all of them for me to enjoy
                              i sort of look at them as elseworld takes on the guys ive known all my life , it makes life bearable
                              thought those not happy with this trailer might get a lift from the video above
                              Last edited by libby 1957dog; Mar 26, '17, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 3, 2009

just saw this ,got me excited for avengers v jla

and on a side note i personally don't see a massive difference in tone or color pallette in these flick when cut together ,but like i said im easliy pleased
                                like a dog playing cards
                                its not that he can win
                                its the fact he can even do it at all

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎