Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

I think WB/DC made a grave mistake by replacing Martian Manhunter with Cyborg; with Superman "in absentia" during most of the film (at least that's my understanding from what I've read in various places), Martian Manhunter would have been a good choice to act as "the observer" of the League, trying to understand human drives, weaknesses and ambitions and, since he is something of a powerhouse in his own right, he could have supplied the League with some much needed brawn. Yeah, with WW, it looks like they have someone close to Supe's power-level, but MM's abilities of telepathy and intangibility would been good additions to the brute strength. Plus, if we're talking about dealing with aliens, it would make sense to actually HAVE an alien as part of the team (not to mention the Oreo's endorsement they could get!).

When I see the group shot of the team assembled such as the one at the opening of this thread, I think not including Green Lantern was a mistake, as well. Heck, if they were scared off by the GL movie, then just use John Stewart's version and forget about the origin stuff; that could easily be summed up in a couple of lines. As Green Lantern of Sector 2814, if there is an extraterrestrial threat facing Earth, the Lantern should be there. Plus, the Green of his outfit and his powers would have definitely been a nice contrast to all the drab colors of the rest of the League.

Both posters are a "fail" IMHO as I showed them to a coworker last evening, a guy that doesn't really read comics, but enjoys comics-based films, who looked at them and asked what they were posters for and "who's the redneck looking guy with the big fork supposed to be?" Kinda sums it up in a nutshell.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
      "who's the redneck looking guy with the big fork supposed to be?" Kinda sums it up in a nutshell.
      Bwahahahaha!!! Come on down to Art Curry's Biker Bar & Seafood Shack! Tuesday is Alligator Wrestling night!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by enyawd72
        Bwahahahaha!!! Come on down to Art Curry's Biker Bar & Seafood Shack! Tuesday is Alligator Wrestling night!
        LOL! Trust me, Dwayne, we both had good chuckle at some The the comments we both made regarding what he dubbed the "Rob Zombie Aquaman."

Just watched the other little teaser snippets featuring Bats, WW and the Flash. The Bats one is OK, but doesn't really say anything about the Justice League that I could discern; the WW one is stuff we've already seen before; thee one with The Flash is just----no. THAT is NOT The Flash I know. That costume is ridiculous and makes the TV version look like a masterpiece.

Man, I can smell the WB's executives' sweat from here...
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

^Yeah, it's pretty sad when Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are probably gonna get destroyed yet again by an ex-wrestler, a talking raccoon and a potted plant.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

How long do I play the "Don't Judge Til You See It" game?

Last edited by hedrap; Mar 25, '17, 9:23 PM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

I love DC but to me as a fan of Super Friends, I see hardly anything I like about this movie (except to Wonder Woman).
                I'll wait for video. Sad.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

It could use a little more teal.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Watched it. WW parts aside, didn't care for it. Cinema Flash looks stupid and Cyborg is sadly out of place with these much larger, mythic characters. As I said earlier, they'd've been much better served by The Martian Manhunter (think of the backstory/insight his character could have provided). Aquaman, for all his supposed badassery, is coming off as a buffoon more than anything else. Evidently, Snyder and the writers decided to split Superman up between WW and AM. This movie also lacks ANY indication of the HOPE the Superman returning could provide. If the WB execs weren't sweating before, they should be now. Likely true fans of the DC Universe and the Justice League in general will tear this thing apart...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

i don't think it looks that bad. they at least seem to be injecting a little humor in. do you think they used Cyborg just to have a person of color in the mix? they should have used John Stewart instead of cyborg. at least as a Green lantern he would be a recognizable character to the masses and a GL belongs in the League

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 3, 2010

Just watched it and I will be there the minute it opens
                        They are still holding back on superman, which I hope they don't save for last act.
                        If this gets panned, security will be throwing Snyder off the WB lot.
                        Love WW and can't wait for that in June
                        mego's befo ho's

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Hoo boy...Cyborg looks like black Iron Man, which Marvel already has covered. Aquaman...yikes. Flash...barf. Wonder Woman looked pretty good, and surprisingly so did Batman. I loved the "What's your super power again?" ..."I'm rich."
                          I actually LOL'd at that, so that's a step up from BvS.

Doesn't look bad, but doesn't look great either. Looks a lot like Legends of Tomorrow to be honest...has a TV movie vibe to it.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Well, Zack the Hack STILL stuck in 300 and Watchman mode, sigh.

Only ray of hope was Flash to Bats; "what are your superpowers again? "IM RICH"...that made me chuckle a bit.

Sooooo dark, again.

I want to strangle Zack the Hack's scrawny little neck.

But I'm an idiot, will go see it at the movies...this DC fanboy still wants to believe.

I hate Zack the Hack more than Lucifer himself...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

I'll be honest, it looks fairly fun. It can't be worse than the steaming pile that was BvS. Just so aesthetically dark, and really an ugly to look at film. At least they're experimenting with humor. I think I will wait for home video, which I tend to enjoy more. They fooled me once with BvS.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

I like it except for the PC shoehorning in of Cyborg. Could have been covered by GL or the rumored surprise of Jonn and his secret ID. I do like the chemistry between Aquaman and Bats.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎