X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

Complete rat's nest

I am more than a little bothered all of the female figures have such messed up hair. I can't even figure out what the styling is supposed to be in an effort to straighten the hair out. Poison Ivy, New Catwoman, new Batgirl all a complete mess. I have megos 30 years old with better styled hair. Why is this acceptable?
  • jayraytee
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

It's FTC, anything is acceptable. They have no quality control.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Yup, sadly messed up hair is so low on the totem pole of issues that it doesn't even register.

Granted, I hate rooted hair on figures anyway so it all looks like crap to me anyway.

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

I personally like the rooted hair.like the original mego gals .my poison ivy's hair was actually quite nice .perhaps some worker bee took a interest in getting it right.the great thing is you can just open them up and fix it yourself.in the past I just use the same type of tape to put over the head.and their fine.i admit not to crazy about the daisy head that was used for this figure.but the red hair helps.two face is really cool.catwomen and bat girl are nice.not a bad assortment.space ghost's heads to big.I can see why they used a black body cause of the neckline.a white body with a painted black neckline would have been better to blend the colors .i still like it though.

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

I prefer rooted hair as well. It does get messed a bit in transit, but if you open the pack and do a little fixing which I tend to do for all of my figures, they end up looking pretty good.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

I like the rooted hair better too but I don't open my figures so I get the shaft. I haven't ordered SF Wonder Woman yet for this reason. Want to wait till I see one in person at a con or toy show with decent hair.

Comment

• drogge
              Career Member
              • Jul 24, 2009

I prefer rooted hair. I just get ticked when I pull the figure out of the package and it appears used and played with and handled, with messy hair. I think a new product should look new. I thought FTC was going to start using head bands.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 22, 2011

The Shazam wave Mary Marvel and Scooby-Doo Dafney has headbands of the recent ones I have received. I was hoping Poison Ivy would. Have not seen pics of the actual figure in the package yet to know whether she does or not.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎